Global Drug of Abuse Testing Market (By Product Type, Sample/Test Type, End Users / Setting Type, Region), Regulatory Status, 20 Company Profiles - Forecast to 2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
The "Global Drug of Abuse Testing Market (By Product Type, Sample/Test Type, End Users / Setting Type, Region), Regulatory Status, 20 Company Profile - Forecast to 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global drug of abuse testing market is projected to cross US$ 5 Billion by 2024.
Drugs of abuse testing involves detection of one or more illegal and/or prescribed substances in the urine, blood, saliva, hair, or sweat. The use of illicit drugs is increasing across the globe. According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, nearly 5% of the global adult population consumed some sort of illicit drug at least once in 2015.
The market for drug of abuse testing is driven by strict government norms against illicit drug intake, technological advances in testing equipment, the increasing availability of forbidden drugs, and growing emphasis on workplace screening among the urban population. On the other hand, legalization of drugs and lack of skilled technicians for drug of abuse testing are a few restraints hampering the growth of the market.
- Technological Advances in Testing Equipment
- Increasing Use of Drug Testing at Organizational Level
- A Large Population Base Suffering from Drug Use Disorders
- Increased Production and Trafficking of Illegal Drugs
- Increasing Interest of Companies in Drug of Abuse Testing Market
- Growing Drug Related Mortality and Increasing Government & Non-Government Institutions Initiatives
- Lack of Skilled Technicians
- Legalization of Drugs
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Global - Drug of Abuse Testing Market & Forecast (2013 - 2024)
3. Global - Drug of Abuse Testing Market Share & Forecast (2013 - 2024)
4. By Product Type - Global Drug of Abuse Testing Market & Forecast (2013 - 2024)
5. By Sample/Test Type - Global Drug of Abuse Testing Market & Forecast (2013 - 2024)
6. By End Users / Setting Type - Global Drug of Abuse Testing Market & Forecast (2013 - 2024)
7. By Region - Global Drug of Abuse Testing Market & Forecast (2013 - 2024)
8. Regulatory Status
9. Global Drug of Abuse Testing Market - Driving Factors
10. Global Drug of Abuse Testing Market - Challenges
11. Company Profiles
- Abbott Laboratories Inc.
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Alere (Now Abbott)
- Alfa Scientific Designs Inc.
- Beckman Coulter
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Biophor Diagnostics Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- Drgerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Express Diagnostics Int'l Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp)
- LGC Limited
- OraSure Technologies Inc. OraSure Technologies Inc.
- Psychemedics Corporation
- Quest Diagnostics
- Randox Testing Services
- Siemens AG
- Sonic Healthcare
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- United States Drug Testing Laboratories Inc. (USDTL)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m3h3m5/global_drug_of?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181015005666/en/