Pharm-Olam Unifies Data on Medidata Cloud, Eliminating Silos
Today at NEXT NYC, Medidata (NASDAQ:MDSO) announced that Pharm-Olam International (Pharm-Olam) signed a new, five-year enterprise agreement to unify operational systems supporting study execution on Medidata Cloud, the Intelligence Platform for Life Sciences.
Pharm-Olam previously used multiple systems and vendors, which led to duplicate data and silos requiring later integration. With Medidata, the global contract research organization (CRO) will empower sponsors to accelerate drug therapy time to market by providing a single, unified view of clinical trials to all stakeholders.
Only Medidata offers a one platform approach, which:
- Creates a single repository for all trial data
- Streamlines clinical operations for study teams
- Leverages artificial intelligence and real-world data analytics to identify anomalies to drive better data quality and accelerate clinical insights
“After an exhaustive search, we selected Medidata because only their platform can unify all of our data and empower us to leapfrog the competition,” said David L. Grange, CEO, Pharm-Olam. “Medidata drives unmatched value for CROs across every part of clinical research. By leveraging Medidata’s best-in-class technology, we will reduce costs and provide superior solutions to our customers. It’s a win-win for us.”
Additional insights can be found in this video.
The Medidata Cloud provides clinical professionals - including, clinical operations, data managers, and investigators - one platform for end-to-end clinical research collaboration. Pharm-Olam will leverage a full suite of solutions from Medidata Cloud to bring new efficiencies to both operational processes and study execution, including:
- Edge eTMF : unify content, data, and workflows with comprehensive real-time, end-to-end TMF management to share with other clinical partners
- Rave EDC , RTSM, and eCOA/ePRO: leverage a single site interface to execute clinical trial data collection, randomize patients, manage drug supply and capture patient data directly from mobile devices
- SHYFT QUANTUM RWE: analyze complex real-world data sets to validate trial design, improve site feasibility and conduct observational research at scale
- Edge Site Grants: quickly and accurately develop grant proposals and efficiently contract budgets for investigative sites
- Edge Site Payments: automatically trigger, calculate and disburse payments directly into a site’s bank account
- Edge CTMS: optimize study operations, save costs and stay compliant when planning, conducting and monitoring studies
- Edge Central Monitoring: improve clinical trial data quality and integrity by statistically cleaning data through machine learning
“We’re thrilled to expand our strategic partnership and help Pharm-Olam drive digital transformation for their customers,” said Glen de Vries, president and co-founder, Medidata. “For CROs and sponsors of all sizes, our unified platform enables faster, better decision making that accelerates research and the delivery of life-changing therapies to patients.”
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, with the world's most used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by the #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users everyday to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
About Medidata NEXT
The Medidata NEXT global series is where science meets technology meets the future, with interactive, hands-on learning opportunities to design, execute, manage and monitor the next generation of clinical research.
About Pharm-Olam International
Pharm-Olam is Helping Create a Healthier World as a global, midsized CRO that offers flexible, innovative and highly personalized clinical solutions to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life science companies. Our team is well-known for producing quality results with reduced risk, costs and timelines in challenging international trials. Learn more about our full-service solutions, data protection services and expertise in oncology, infectious diseases and vaccines, rare and orphan diseases, pediatrics and general medicine at pharm-olam.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181024005224/en/