Claris Reflex Helps Orthopedic Practices Succeed with BPCI Advanced by Reducing Rehabilitation Costs
FERNDALE, Wash., Oct. 30, 2018
FERNDALE, Wash., Oct. 30, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Claris Healthcare is addressing the need to reduce rehabilitation costs for orthopedic practices participating in Medicare's new BPCI Advanced bundled payment program by providing Claris Reflex – a telerehabilitation system that allows care providers to better track, coach, and monitor their total knee replacement patients at home.
Claris Reflex is an easy to deploy kit that includes a patient-worn sensor and tablet-based coaching software linked to a secure online caregiver dashboard.
Paul Sharman, co-founder, Claris Healthcare, said: "Traditionally, over 50% of the cost for a total knee replacement (TKR) procedure has been post-surgical patient care and rehabilitation. For the orthopedic practices recently enrolled in BPCI Advanced, reducing those costs are going to be the key to profitability."
In a recent 50 patient randomized controlled study, patients using Claris Reflex were more compliant with their home-based exercise regime, required 30% fewer physical therapy visits, were discharged from therapy 12 days earlier, and reported high satisfaction scores (net promoter score of 89).
For orthopedic groups, better patient compliance also saves time and money by reducing the number of patient days in hospital and skilled nursing facilities (SNF), as well as, home care and emergency room visits.
Some key features of Claris Reflex include:
- 24/7 Motion tracking sensor: monitors each flexion and extension of the patient's knee, as well as body position (walking, standing, lying and sitting), icing temperature and compliance with exercises, all day long.
- Wireless patient connectivity: patients wear the sensor everywhere, for their 8 week recovery: the data uploads automatically when in range of the tablet and is available to patients and care providers in real time.
- Simple patient dashboard: care providers can quickly see how patients are progressing with their rehabilitation and be alerted to any issues with their recovery, allowing for early interventions before adverse events occur leading to readmissions.
- Evidence-based data: enables care providers to manage care costs and monitor pre and post-surgical outcomes.
- Secure communication: patients and providers can send text messages, videos or photos; request a call and/or an appointment with a provider; and make video calls (if enabled).
For more information, please visit https://clarisreflex.com
To watch a case study video about Claris Reflex, please click here.
*Case study and images of the product available upon request.*
About Claris Healthcare
Claris Healthcare uses technology to provide an engaging healthcare approach focused on patient care in the home. Unlike other patient applications, Claris Healthcare is focused on developing intuitive solutions specifically designed for the increasing number of older patients. Claris Healthcare began by providing Claris Companion, a social and care tablet solution for seniors that could be remotely managed by family members. Since then, it has expanded the platform into remote patient monitoring by helping home care operators care for their Chronic Care clients with Claris Continuum. Claris Healthcare has already developed platforms for social and chronic care, and brings this experience to Claris Reflex as its first move into the post-surgical rehabilitation space.
SOURCE Claris Healthcare