Sectra Highlights How to Handle Security Vulnerabilities in Medical Imaging at RSNA 2018
SHELTON, Connecticut, November 1, 2018
SHELTON, Connecticut, November 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
At RSNA 2018, international medical imaging IT and cybersecurity company Sectra (STO: SECT B) will demonstrate how healthcare providers can boost radiology reading and reporting efficiency without compromising patient integrity .
"Recent reports from the US Department of Homeland Security have shown critical vulnerabilities in the imaging IT solutions of a number of established vendors. This is a serious threat to patient integrity, security and efficiency of care. In addition to medical imaging, Sectra's operating area Secure Communication has more than 30 years' experience, and today protects many European countries' most sensitive information at the highest security levels. This level of knowledge in security issues is a great asset when designing, deploying and upgrading our medical imaging IT solutions. Even though no IT system is ever 100% secure, a knowledgeable vendor can improve IT security tremendously. And nowadays, hospitals are prime targets for organized cybercrime," says Torbjörn Kronander, CEO and President of Sectra AB.
Visitors at RSNA can learn about Sectra's enterprise imaging portfolio, which has Sectra VNA and Best-in-KLAS awarded PACS at its core. The scalable and comprehensive solution streamlines the entire radiology (or pathology, cardiology) workflow. It integrates seamlessly with surrounding IT solutions-such as the EMR, RIS, and VNA-to provide access to the complete patient record whenever and wherever needed. It lets radiologists perform all everyday tasks from a single diagnostic application. Visit Sectra in booth #6113 to experience how security by design supports efficient workflows without compromising patient integrity.
Highlights to experience at the Sectra booth, #6113
- A " Best-in-KLAS " -awarded PACS with industry leading system uptimes-preventing care disruptions.
- Vendor-neutral platform for AI-applications speeds up radiologists' access to best-of-breed AI tools.
- Integrated diagnostics to improve collaboration between radiology and pathology, thereby increasing efficiency in cancer care.
- News such as an improved user interface, enhanced workflow management capabilities, embedded RECIST follow-up in the lesion tracking suite and faster tomosynthesis study reading.
- Work-in-progress discussions within areas such as AI tools, flexible structured reporting and mpMRI prostate reviews.
Book your meeting with Sectra at RSNA 2018
Visit Sectra's booth #6113 at RSNA to learn how the solutions can save valuable time and support radiologists in more efficient diagnostics. Book a meeting at http://www.sectra.com/rsna.
Vice President of Marketing, Sectra, Inc.
Phone: 203-925-0899 ext. 268
President and CEO Sectra AB
SOURCE Sectra, Inc