Veritas Genetics Launches Two New Whole Genome Sequencing Products
BOSTON, Nov. 1, 2018
BOSTON, Nov. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Veritas Genetics, the first to break the $1,000 Whole Genome Sequencing barrier, is once again raising the bar. Today, The Genome Company launches two new products that take genetic testing to a scope unparalleled in the industry. It also adds a new health risk section to the flagship myGenome product, and offers a new service intended to augment consumer privacy by offering access to third-party physicians.
Veritas now offers:
- myGenome Standard
- For anyone who wants to be proactive about their health
- Insights on 80+ genes associated with 200+ conditions, including 20+ highly actionable conditions and 40+ carrier conditions
- Expert curated information on 170+ drug sensitivities (aka Pharmacogenomics or PGx)
- Information on 50+ traits and ancestry
- NEW Veritas Risk Section on lower-impact genetic findings that contribute to 15 common diseases whose risk can be minimized proactively by lifestyle changes
- Review of actionable medical findings with a genetic counselor
- $999 in the US
- For anyone who wants to dive even deeper into their cancer and cardiovascular risks, and carrier conditions
- Insights on 400+ genes associated with 20+ highly actionable conditions and 125 genes associated with 200+ carrier conditions
- Plus all of myGenome Standard
- $1,499 in the US (or $500 if already purchased myGenome)
- For anyone with a personal or family history of symptoms suggestive of a genetic condition; available for adults or children
- In-depth diagnostic interpretation of all genes known to be associated with the genetic condition
- Plus all of myGenome Standard
- $2,999 in the US (or $1,999 if already purchased myGenome)
"We are now the first company to offer products that span the full spectrum of results – from entertaining to highly actionable to diagnostic," said Dr. Birgit Funke, PhD, FACMG, and VP of Clinical Affairs at Veritas.
In addition, Veritas is launching a service intended to streamline ordering and increase privacy. By offering access to third-party physicians, the company aims to accommodate consumers who don't have primary care physicians, prefer not to involve their PCPs, or whose PCPs drag their feet. Combined with its genetic counseling services, this independent physician access gives consumers the most comprehensive clinical resources.
All myGenome tests are processed in Veritas' CLIA-certified lab, include expert interpretation, and offer results accessible from any laptop or mobile device. Veritas is HIPAA compliant, and what's more – unlike some genetic testing companies – Veritas has never shared ancestry information with any third parties.
"For the first time, we are offering our customers different levels of interpretation services based on their genome. This is the difference between a company that is doing a one-time transaction with the consumer and one that is building a lifelong relationship, and therefore, the most comprehensive and powerful genomic database," said Mirza Cifric, Veritas Co-founder and CEO. "For us, this signifies a transition from a lab to a data business model. It's only possible with the genome, and we are leading the way."
About Veritas Genetics
Veritas Genetics is The Genome Company. Our Whole Genome Sequencing services provide actionable health insights, plus traits and ancestry. Our mission is to help people understand their genetics and empower them to make more informed health and lifestyle decisions. Co-founded in 2014 by George Church and leading scientists from the Personal Genome Project at Harvard Medical School, Veritas operates globally from its offices in the U.S., Europe, and China. The company has been recognized twice by MIT Technology Review as one of the 50 Smartest Companies, by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in the World in 2018, and by CNBC as a 50 Disruptor company in 2018. For more information, follow @VeritasGenetics on Facebookand Twitter, or visit veritasgenetics.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/veritas-genetics-launches-two-new-whole-genome-sequencing-products-300741689.html
SOURCE Veritas Genetics