Global Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis (2018-2025): Market Set to Exceed $3 Billion - ResearchAndMarkets.com
The "Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Drug Class (Immunosuppressants, Biologics, Antimalarials, NSAIDs, Corticosteroids), By Route of Administration, and Segment Forecasts 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.The global systemic lupus erythematosus market size is expected to reach USD 3.08 billion by 2025, exhibiting a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period. Introduction of new biological therapies, which will add to treatment alternatives and medication costs, in the development pipeline is estimated to fuel revenue generation of the market. Certain new promising drugs that are currently in Phase III trials are anticipated to augment the market as these drugs may target the lupus nephritis patient subset with few effective alternatives and significant unmet needs to be met. This factor is likely to have a strong impact on the market as nearly 50% of SLE patients suffer with lupus nephritis. Use of approved biologic, Benlysta, through clinical studies, has revealed drastic improvements and substantial decrease in consumption of anti-inflammatory glucocorticoids in moderate SLE cases. GSK's current initiatives center on further increasing opportunities for Benlysta. The company is conducting indication expansion clinical trials, combination therapy studies with rituximab, and new product development, to widen opportunities for its therapy. In this direction, recent launch of Benlysta's subcutaneous formulation in several countries is expected to boost the SLE market over the forecast period.
- North America was the major contributor for the SLE market revenue in 2017 and is anticipated to rise at a CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast period. This is due to availability of reimbursement and better healthcare infrastructure and accessibility to biologics.
- Europe was ranked as the second largest regional market in the SLE market in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period.
- Immunosuppressants held the largest share in the market in 2017 due to their low cost and high accessibility, whereas the biologics segment is projected to post the highest CAGR during the same period.
- In 2017, the oral segment held the dominant share of over 54.0% in the market, followed by the intravenous segment that requires trained medical personnel for administration. Over the forecast years, the latter is poised to expand at a CAGR of 10.4%.
- Key players in this space include GlaxoSmithKline, Roche, Pfizer, Novartis, Bayer, and Sanofi. By 2025, other companies such as ImmuPharma, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, and Astra Zeneca are anticipated to enter the SLE market.
Chapter 1 Report Scope
Chapter 2 Research Methodology
Chapter 3 Report Objectives
Chapter 4 Executive Summary
Chapter 5 Market Definitions
Chapter 6 Industry Outlook
Chapter 7 Regulatory & Political Forces
Chapter 8 Competitive & Vendor Landscape
Chapter 9 SLE Market: Drug Class Analysis
Chapter 10 SLE Market: Regional Analysis
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
Chapter 12 Pipeline Analysis
Chapter 13 Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jvbhw5/global_systemic?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181102005396/en/