Insulet Raises Awareness for National Diabetes Awareness Month
Insulet Corporation (NASDAQ:PODD) (Insulet), the global leader in tubeless insulin pump technology with its Omnipod® Insulin Management System (Omnipod System), today announced it is recognizing National Diabetes Awareness Month with initiatives that highlight Insulet’s continued commitment to raising awareness for diabetes. This year’s activities are focused on the theme “freedom”.
“We constantly hear how proud our customers are to call themselves Podders and how free and in control they feel using the Omnipod System,” said Bret Christensen, Chief Commercial Officer. “We wholeheartedly support the diabetes community and are excited to highlight our commitment during National Diabetes Awareness Month. Through our global fundraising efforts and participation at the NASDAQ closing bell ceremony, we are emphasizing our mission to deliver the freedom and simplicity of our Omnipod System, and helping our Podders around the world to better manage their diabetes.”
Activities this month include:
- Beyond Type Run Team Sponsorship – Yesterday, Insulet co-sponsored Beyond Type 1’s New York City Marathon team (“Beyond Type Run”) made up of 21 athletes, including six Omnipod users, all living and thriving with diabetes. Insulet employees attended the race and were positioned along the marathon course to cheer on the runners, help raise awareness for diabetes, and promote the freedom the Omnipod System provides. Follow Omnipod on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to learn more about the Podder runners. Beyond Type 1 is a non-profit organization focused on raising awareness of Type 1 diabetes.
- NASDAQ Closing Bell Ceremony – Insulet will ring the NASDAQ Stock Market closing bell today, November 5th. Shacey Petrovic will speak about the importance of raising diabetes awareness and the benefits of the Omnipod System, highlighting the freedom it provides people with insulin-dependent diabetes. Dave Holmes, Podder since 2017 and member of the Beyond Type Run team, will join Shacey and employees from Insulet during the ceremony. The NASDAQ Stock Market closing bell ceremony will be aired live at https://livestream.com/nasdaq/live. A video of the closing bell ceremony will be archived for one year on the NASDAQ site.
World Diabetes Day – On November 14th, recognized
globally as World Diabetes Day (WDD), Insulet will display its support
for the advocacy community and its efforts to help raise awareness,
including participation in the following events:
- Diabetes Herbsttagung 2018, November 9th -10th in Germany.
- Kinderdiabetes, November 14th in the Netherlands.
- Diabetes Professional Conference, November 14th-15th in the United Kingdom.
- Austrian Diabetes Association Annual Meeting (ODG), November 15th-17th in Austria.
- Social Media – Insulet will feature different Podders throughout the month on the Company’s social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram – to help illustrate the impact of diabetes on Podders and their loved ones and highlight the freedom the Omnipod System provides families. People are encouraged to use the hashtags #TypeMe and #NDAM to support this cause.
“With the Omnipod System, I can live as if I almost don’t have diabetes,” said Dave Holmes, Editor at Large of Esquire.com, Beyond Type Run Team Member and Podder. “The Omnipod System gives me the freedom to live my life and think less about my diabetes. It’s a big part of how I’m able to do something like run the New York City marathon!”
About Insulet Corporation:
Insulet Corporation (NASDAQ: PODD), headquartered in Massachusetts, is an innovative medical device company dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes and other conditions easier through the use of its Omnipod product platform. The Omnipod Insulin Management System provides a unique alternative to traditional insulin delivery methods. With its simple, wearable design, the disposable Pod provides up to three days of non-stop insulin delivery, without the need to see or handle a needle. Insulet also leverages the unique design of its Pod, by tailoring its Omnipod technology platform for the delivery of non-insulin subcutaneous drugs across multiple therapeutic areas. Founded in 2000, more than 140,000 users across the globe rely on Insulet’s Omnipod Insulin Management System to bring simplicity and freedom to their lives.
On July 1, Insulet assumed direct operations of its Omnipod Insulin Management System product line in Europe, including sales, marketing, training and customer support activities. This allows Insulet to be closer to the diabetes community and identify opportunities to support European customer needs over the long-term, as Insulet does in the United States and Canada.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements concerning Insulet's and Samsung’s expectations, anticipations, intentions, beliefs or strategies regarding the future. These forward-looking statements are based on their current expectations and beliefs concerning future developments and their potential effects on either or both Insulet and Samsung. There can be no assurance that future developments affecting Insulet and/or Samsung will be those that they have anticipated. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties (some of which are beyond their control) or other assumptions that may cause actual results or performance to be materially different from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements, and other risks and uncertainties described in Insulet’s and Samsung’s Annual Reports on Form 10-K, which were filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 22, 2018 and February 27, 2018, respectively, in the sections entitled "Risk Factors," and in their other filings from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should any of their assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary in material respects from those projected in these forward-looking statements. Insulet and Samsung undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements.
© 2018 Insulet Corporation. Omnipod, the Omnipod logo, and Podder are trademarks or registered trademarks of Insulet Corporation. All rights reserved. © 2018 All rights reserved.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181105005199/en/