The Global Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market to 2025: Set to Exceed $22 Billion - ResearchAndMarkets.com
The "Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Vials, Ampoules, Cartridges & Syringes), By Drug Type (Generic, Branded, Biologic), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.The global pharmaceutical glass packaging market size is expected to reach USD 22.05 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period. Spiraling sale of generic drugs in developed as well as developing economies is projected to drive the demand for pharmaceutical glass packaging. Extensive R&D is being conducted by product manufacturers in order to minimize negative aspects of glass, such as high susceptibility to breaking and delamination, as well as to improve the quality & efficacy of the product.
Emerging markets are anticipated to witness phenomenal growth owing to favorable government policies and increased healthcare awareness. Governments of developing nations are expanding their public or private healthcare coverage and simultaneously making efforts to minimize out-of-pocket medical expenses for the consumers. Increasing government efforts to reduce healthcare cost and promotion of low-cost generic drugs are estimated to fuel the utilization of glass packaging over the coming years.Market Dynamics
- Growth of Pharmaceutical Industry in Emerging Economies
- Commodity Value of Glass Increased With Recyclability
- Increased Relevance of Alternate Sources
- Challenges Associated With Glass Surface
- The vials segment is projected to ascend at a CAGR of 6.9% in terms of revenue over the forecast period.
- The bottles segment dominated the global pharmaceutical glass packaging market in 2016 in terms of revenue and is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 4.7% from 2017 to 2025 owing to high penetration of plastics in the manufacturing of bottles.
- The generic drug segment accounted for 69.8% of the market in 2016 due to rapidly increasing manufacturing volumes of generic drugs in emerging economies.
Chapter 1 Methodology & Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
Chapter 4 Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 5 Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market: Drug Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 7 Competitive Landscape
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
- Corning Incorporated
- Nipro Corporation
- SGD S.A.
- Stolzle-Oberglas GmbH
- West Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
- Schott AG
- Gerresheimer AG
- Bormioli Pharma S.r.l
- Shandong Medicinal Glass Co. Ltd.
- Beatson Clark
- Ardagh Group S.A.
- Arab Pharmaceutical Glass Co.
- Piramal Enterprises Ltd.
- Sisecam Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ffphkw/the_global?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181107005479/en/