U.S. Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis (2018-2025) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis
Report By Application (CIDP, Congenital AIDS), By Route of
Administration (IV, Subcutaneous), By Distribution Channel, And Segment
Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's
Rising prevalence of primary and acquired immunodeficiency diseases such as congenital AIDS and hypogammaglobulinemia is a major growth driver of this market.
Rising cases of primary immune deficiency diseases are expected to drive
the demand for fast, accurate, and safe treatment options, thereby
boosting the market growth. Other IVIG applications, such as
neurological disorders, organ transplantation, peripheral neuropathies,
and Alzheimer's disease, also provide a lucrative growth opportunity to
the market players. Thus, growing cases of aforementioned diseases are
also expected to increase the penetration of IVIG in the near future.
Industry players are also involved in the development of new plasma collection centers and other collaborative strategies to expand their geographical reach and widen their product portfolio. For example, in June 2018, Shire plc received approval from the U.S. FDA for its new plasma manufacturing facility near Covington, Georgia, thereby increasing the company's production capacity.
The expected product approvals in the coming years are anticipated to help fuel the market growth.
- Rising Prevalence of Immunodeficiency Diseases
- Increasing Adoption of Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy
- Rising Geriatric Population
- Cost Intensive Nature of Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy
- Stringent Regulations Pertaining to Production and Approval
- Hypogammaglobulinemia segment held the substantial share of around 20% based on application in 2017, owing to rising adoption of IgG intravenous and subcutaneous replacement therapies.
- Kawasaki diseases segment is expected to grow lucratively at a CAGR of 9.2% over the forecast period owing to increasing disease prevalence in U.S.
- IVIG held the largest share of the route of administration segment of U.S. IG market owing to their high adoption in the treatment of immune deficiency diseases.
- Subcutaneous immunoglobulin is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of over 11% during the forecast period due to its benefits, such as shorter administration duration and fewer needle punctures.
- Hospital pharmacy held the largest share in 2017 owing to the presence of a large number of hospital pharmacies and easy availability of products in the hospitals.
Chapter 1 Executive Summary
Chapter 2 Research Methodology & Scope
Chapter 3 U.S. IVIG Market Variables, Trends & Scope
Chapter 4 U.S. IVIG Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 5 U.S. IG Market: Route of Administration Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 U.S. IVIG Market: Distribution Channel Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 7 Competitive Landscape
- Biotest AG
- Octapharma AG
- LFB Biotechnologies
- China Biologics Products, Holdings, Inc.
- Grifols, S.A.
- Kedrion Biopharma, Inc.
- CSL Behring
- BDI Pharma, Inc.
- Bio Products Laboratory Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3jx457/u_s_intravenous?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181108005396/en/