Preferred Health Insurance Solutions Provides a Worksheet to Assist Consumers Enrolling in the Health Insurance Marketplace
BEDFORD PARK, Ill., Nov. 14, 2018
BEDFORD PARK, Ill., Nov. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- "The Health Insurance Marketplace six-week Open Enrollment Period (OEP) is now underway began Nov. 1, 2018 and continues through Dec. 15, 2018). Enrolling in the Marketplace can be daunting. But, if consumers are prepared and gather necessary information, it does not have to be an overwhelming process," explained Bob Dial, Chief Compliance Officer, Preferred Health Insurance Solutions (PHIS).
Dial further explained that funding for Navigators has been reduced. There are fewer resources available to assist consumers with shopping for a plan, calculating their subsidies and enrolling them for coverage for their 2019 health plan. In fact, no federally funded Navigators will be available in the states of Montana, Iowa and New Hampshire.
The insurance professionals at PHIS are prepared to assist consumers with all their enrollment needs. Their dedicated PHIS Call Center consists of a team of CMS-certified, state-licensed, multi-lingual health, insurance professionals, that are trained to walk a client through the entire process of selecting a health insurance plan. In addition, they can respond to any questions the client may have regarding their new health insurance policy.
PHIS provides the following checklist to assist consumers with applying or re-enrolling in the Health Insurance Marketplace:
1. Prior to starting the application, determine who in your household needs to apply or re-enroll for coverage. The PHIS Call Center has licensed insurance professionals that provide direction to ensure the enrollee(s) get placed with a plan that best suits their health needs and budget.
2. Information about everyone applying for coverage, such as home address, Social Security Numbers, birthdates,
3. For re-enrollees, policy numbers and plan IDs, for any current health plans covering members of the household.
4. Information about how taxes are filed. To reference, having past tax documents available will help ensure financial information is entered correctly.
5. Document information for legal immigrants.
6. Employer and income information for every member of your household that will be included on the policy. Pay stubs or W2 forms will need to be provided.
7. Estimated household income for 2019. "Calculating household income can be confusing. It is critical that accurate financial and tax information be properly calculated in order to determine if the insured is eligible for any premium subsidies. This is why working with a licensed health insurance agent is so important. The PHIS Call Center team of multi-lingual, health insurance professionals are trained to walk a client through the entire process of selecting a healthcare plan, calculating subsidies and enrolling them for their coverage. They possess an in-depth understanding of the Health Insurance Marketplace, which allows them to respond to any questions Dial explained.
8. Verify that there are no outstanding premium balances on their current health plan.
Dial concluded, "PHIS licensed insurance agents are available to assist consumers with selecting the most comprehensive health insurance plan that best meets their specific needs and budget. Consumers have numerous affordable health care insurance options available to them. Working with a licensed insurance professional will provide the assurance that the best option is selected."
About Preferred Health Insurance Solutions: Headquartered in Bedford Park, Illinois, Preferred Health Insurance Solutions (PHIS) is a national enrollment firm specializing in the Health Insurance Marketplace as well as a variety of other ancillary health insurance products, including Dental, Critical Illness, Short Term Medical, and others. PHIS, formerly known as ACA Marketplace Enrollment Solutions (ACAEnroll.com), provides enrollments services throughout the country, and through national and regional insurance carriers. Effective November 1, 2018, the health insurance Marketplace opened for enrollment. The PHIS Call Center is available to assist consumers enrolling for their 2019 health plan. Consumers can call the PHIS Call Center at 800-342-0631 or access the company's website at http://www.PHISonline.com.
SOURCE Preferred Health Insurance Solutions