Global DNA and Gene Chip Market Analysis 2014-2018 - Forecast to 2025 Featuring Key Players - Agilent Technologies, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Illumina, Macrogen and Arrayit - ResearchAndMarkets.com
The "DNA and Gene Chip Market Analysis Report By Product (Consumables, Instrumentation), By Application (Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment, Drug Delivery, Genomics), By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global DNA & gene chip market size is expected to reach USD 10.7 billion by 2025, at an 11.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
DNA and gene chips have gained much success in providing high throughput capabilities for comprehensive genome studies to enhance disease knowledge and target them. This technology has emerged as a valuable and promising solution across various aspects of disease management. These factors have been driving the market.
Conventional means of gene analysis allow investigation of relatively small amounts of genes at a time, which further emphasizes on the uptake of DNA microarray technology. DNA microarray technology allows concurrent analysis of very large numbers of nucleic acid fragments in a single experiment.
Continuous development of new tools to support and enhance reliability of DNA microarray technology is likely to drive this market at a significant pace in the foreseeable future.
Furthermore, healthcare entities are engaged in exploiting novel solutions for enhancing and combining data generated from gene chip with data generated from high throughput technologies. Mutually beneficial partnerships between microarray developers and pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical companies for acceleration of genomic and biomedical research activities is anticipated to spur market growth in the coming years.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Based on product, consumables dominated the market with the largest share. This is due to presence of large number of entities engaged in providing reagents and kits associated with the use of DNA chips
- The cancer treatment and diagnosis segment accounts for a significant share in the market owing to rising inclination toward development of companion diagnostics and growing usage of DNA microarrays in cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Implementation of gene chip for drug discovery is also expected to increase in the coming years owing to growing demand for personalized medicine
- By end use, academic/government research institutes accounted for the largest share in 2017. Ongoing research projects on gene expression analysis in these institutes have attributed for the estimated share
- In terms of region, North America dominated the market with by revenue. High penetration of major revenue generating companies in U.S. has contributed to its leading share
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness the fastest year-on-year growth owing to rising healthcare spending in developing economies and increase in R&D investment
- Some of the prominent market participants are Agilent Technologies; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Incorporated (Affymetrix, Inc.); Illumina, Inc.; Macrogen Inc.; and Arrayit Corporation. These players are engaged in mutual partnerships with research communities and other diagnostic firms for use of gene chips for targeting disease prognosis.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 DNA & Gene Chip Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.1.1 Market Driver Analysis
126.96.36.199 Growing demand for personalized cancer treatment
188.8.131.52 Less complexity of microarrays as compared with other sequencing technologies in terms sample preparation and data interpretation
184.108.40.206 Growth in genomics R&D
3.1.2 Market Restraint Analysis
220.127.116.11 Concurrent decline in sequencing price
18.104.22.168 Regulatory changes and technological advancements in NGS
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for Application, 2017
3.3 DNA & Gene Chip-Swot Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic And Technological)
3.4 Industry Analysis - Porter's
Chapter 4 DNA & Gene Chip Market Categorization: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Global DNA & Gene Chip Market: Application Movement Analysis
4.2 Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment
4.3 Gene Expression
4.6 Drug Discovery
4.7 Agricultural Biotechnology
Chapter 5 DNA & Gene Chip Market Categorization: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Global DNA & Gene Chip Market: Product Movement Analysis
Chapter 6 DNA & Gene Chip Market Categorization: End-use Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Global DNA & Gene Chip Market: End-use Movement Analysis
6.2 Academic & Government Research Institutes
6.3 Hospitals & Diagnostics Centers
6.4 Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
Chapter 7 DNA & Gene Chip Market Categorization: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Application, Type, & End-use
7.1 DNA & Gene Chip Market Share By Region, 2017 & 2025
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Illumina, Inc.
- Perkin Elmer, Inc.
- Arrayit Corporation
- Macrogen Inc.
- Asper Biotech
- CapitalBio Corporation
- Greiner Bio One International GmbH
- Microarrays Inc.
- Oxford Gene Technology
- Toshiba Hokuto Electronics Corp
- Savyon Diagnostics
- Applied Micro Arrays
- bioMrieux SA
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g85s5d/global_dna_and?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181119005393/en/