Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors - Worldwide Market Analysis & Forecast 2018-2025: The High Cost of Technology is Hampering Growth
DUBLIN, Nov 19, 2018
DUBLIN, Nov 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market Analysis Report By Product, By Disease Type (Retinal Disorders, Parkinson's Disease, Schizophrenia, Autism, Depression & Anxiety), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global optogenetics actuators & sensors market size is expected to reach USD 584.73 million by 2025, exhibiting a 1.93% CAGR during the forecast period.
Extensive research in the field of neuroscience and ophthalmology is expected to boost market growth in the coming years. Key players are focusing majorly on research activities to study brain functions in various psychiatric and retinal disease states, which is anticipated to drive the sector.
Government organizations are providing funds to academic research institutions and individual researchers for advancements in the field of optogenetics. Moreover, various initiatives undertaken by international organizations such as WHO and NIH are anticipated to boost market growth. Various projects and initiatives initiated in the field of neuroscience are also promoting growth prospects.
In addition, ongoing investigations to improve signal sizes and responses and target specificity of subcellular membranes such as axon terminals, cell body, and dendrites in neuroscience are expected to support the growth of the segment. Rise in incidence of retinal and brain disorders are ultimately increasing demand for optogenetic actuators and sensors.
Furthermore, changing healthcare reforms and public-private collaborations among industrial players, government, and research institutions are expected to drive technological progressions in optogenetics. This, in turn, is anticipated to significantly boost the growth of the optogenetics actuators and sensors market over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Actuators are estimated to account for the largest revenue share owing to their increased usage in investigations related to neuroscience and ophthalmology
- Sensors are anticipated to grow at the fastest rate in the coming years due to technological advancements in optogenetics
- Retinal disorders accounted for the largest revenue share owing to higher usage of optogenetic actuators and sensors in disease oriented studies. Rise in prevalence of various retinal and psychiatric disorders is also anticipated to boost the segment
- North America dominated the market owing to government support, extensive research, local presence of substantial number of players, and well-established healthcare framework
- Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to progressive industrialization and favorable government support
- Major players include Bruker; Circuit Therapeutics, Inc.; Gensight Biologics; AGTC; Prizmatix; Merck KGaA; Elliot Scientific Ltd; Coherent, Inc.; The Jackson Laboratory; Scientifica (Judges Scientific Plc Company); Addgene; Shanghai Laser & Optics Century Co., Ltd. (SLOC); Noldus Information Technology; Thorlabs, Inc.; and Danaher
- Companies are collaborating with academic institutions and private and public entities to accelerate developments in optogenetics
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
1.1 Information Procurement
1.1.1 Purchased database:
1.1.2 Internal database
1.2 Data Analysis
1.3 Market Formulation & Validation
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.1.1 Market driver analysis
220.127.116.11 Growing use of optogenetics in the field of neuroscience
18.104.22.168 Government initiatives & funding opportunities
22.214.171.124 Rising burden of neurological & retinal disorders
3.1.2 Market restraint analysis
126.96.36.199 High cost of technology
188.8.131.52 Ethical regulations for animal welfare
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for Methods, 2016
3.3 Optogenetics Actuators & Sensors Market-SWOT Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic, And Technological)
3.4 Industry Analysis - Porter's
Chapter 4 Market Categorization: Products Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Global Optogenetic Actuators & Sensors Market: Product Movement Analysis
Chapter 5 Market Categorization: Disease Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Global Optogenetic Actuators & Sensors Market: Disease Type Movement Analysis
5.2 Retinal Disorders
5.3 Parkinson's Disease
5.4 Anxiety & Depression
Chapter 6 Market Categorization: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis by Product & Disease Type
6.1 Global Optogenetics Actuators & Sensors Market Share by Region, 2016 & 2025
6.2 North America
6.4 Asia Pacific
6.5 Latin America
6.6 Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Chapter 7 Competitive Landscape
7.1 List of Companies
7.2 Market Participation Categorization
7.3 Company Profiles
- Elliot Scientific Ltd.
- Shanghai Laser & Optics Century Co. Ltd. (SLOC)
- GenSight Biologic SA
- Cohorent, Inc.
- Thorlabs, Inc.
- Prizmatix Ltd.
- Scientifica, A Judges Scientific plc Company
- The Jackson Laboratory
- Noldus Information Technology
- Merck KGaA
- Circuit Therapeutics, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/468ls6/optogenetics?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/optogenetics-actuators-and-sensors---worldwide-market-analysis--forecast-2018-2025-the-high-cost-of-technology-is-hampering-growth-300752806.html
SOURCE Research and Markets