Rite Aid Foundation Gifts More Than $2 Million To KidCents Charities with Thanks For Giving Holiday Program
In celebration of #GivingTuesday on Nov. 27, a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media, The Rite Aid Foundation is awarding a total of $2.2 million to partner charities through its KidCents Thanks For Giving Holiday program. This special program has been created to help the more than 440 KidCents charities across the country advance their efforts to improve the health, safety and wellbeing of children.
“The Rite Aid Foundation wanted to recognize and thank our KidCents charities for making a positive impact in their communities and helping to give kids better lives and brighter futures,” said Tracy Henderson, director of The Rite Aid Foundation and charitable giving initiatives. “We couldn’t think of a better time to share this exciting news than in the week leading up to #GivingTuesday, a day where helping others, something KidCents charities do all year long, is front and center.”
KidCents charities are able to use their Thanks For Giving Holiday program grant to help continue improving the health and wellness of children in their communities. Examples of how these grants will be used include:
- Children’s Crisis Treatment Center, Philadelphia, Pa.: This nonprofit agency, which provides mental and behavioral health services to Philadelphia’s children and families, will provide over 1,000 children with gifts this season as a part of their holiday toy drive.
- Girls Inc. of Washington County, Hagerstown, Md.: The after-school program, designed to meet the unique needs of girls ages 6-18, will participate in several educational field trips that will reinforce learning and provide educational experiences away from their regular environment.
- Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York, Brooklyn, N.Y.: The nonprofit charity, which serves children, families and individuals with developmental disabilities across New York City and Long Island, will provide nutrition workshops, gym memberships and dental care to foster children as a part of their wellness program.
- Richstone Family Center, Hawthorne, Calif.: This nonprofit social services agency will host a “Breakfast with Santa” event for children and families affected by child abuse and trauma, allowing attendees to enjoy a healthy breakfast, holiday games and a morning of family wellness activities.
- Wayfinder Family Services, Los Angeles, Calif.: The nonprofit organization, which offers vision loss, special needs, foster and adoption, and mental health services,will allow 10 children who are blind, visually-impaired or multi-disabled to attend Camp Bloomfield and participate in challenging recreational and social activities.
“We are proud to be a part of the KidCents Thanks For Giving Holiday program,” said, Antonio Valdés, CEO of the Children’s Crisis Treatment Center. “This #GivingTuesday, and every day, The Rite Aid Foundation’s support helps us to continue our important work, and also make the holiday season a little brighter for our children and their families.”
Through KidCents, members of Rite Aid's loyalty program, wellness+ rewards, can round up their in-store or online purchases to the nearest dollar and give their change to one of more than 440 nonprofit organizations focused on improving the health and wellbeing of children. For more information, visit www.kidcents.com.
Since its inception in 2001, The Rite Aid Foundation has awarded more than $36 million to non-profit organizations. Additionally, Rite Aid, through the efforts of its customers, supplier partners and associates, has also raised more than $87 million for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals across the country since 1994.
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) is one of the nation's leading drugstore chains with fiscal 2018 annual revenues of $21.5 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company's website at www.riteaid.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181120005436/en/