Mexico's COFEPRIS Grants Five New Cannabis Import Permits to Medical Marijuana, Inc. Subsidiary HempMeds® Mexico
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 26, 2018
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC: MJNA), the first publicly traded cannabis company in the United States, announced today that its subsidiary HempMeds® Mexico has received five new permits from the Mexican Federal Commission for Protection Against Sanitary Risks (COFEPRIS) to import its cannabidiol (CBD) products. HempMeds® Mexico is one of the first companies in Mexico to receive these permits just shortly after COFEPRIS released new importation guidelines last month.
"We are glad to continue to be a pioneer in this important growing industry and are excited to expand our market reach to a new group of active consumers," said HempMeds® Mexico President Raul Elizalde. "This will provide our company with the opportunity to provide premium CBD-based products to a much broader customer base in Mexico."
The new portfolio of Real Scientific Hemp Oil™ (RSHO™) products that HempMeds® Mexico will be approved to import includes:
- RSHO™ CBD Capsules: Great for on-the-go consumers, these capsules allow consumers to receive all the benefits of CBD in an easy to consume delivery method. Each capsule contains turmeric root, white willow bark, and 25 mg of CBD.
- RSHO™ Blue Liquid Hemp Oil: This filtered, high concentration CBD oil features the cannabis plants full spectrum of minor cannabinoids as well as terpenes and natural chlorophyll for additional essential vitamins and minerals.
- RSHO-X™ Liquid Hemp Oil: This isolated CBD source has become the CBD supplement of choice for anyone looking for a high-quality CBD supplement, without any of the worries of (Tetrahydrocannabinol) THC. This hemp oil CBD isolate liquid features a botanical powerhouse combination of CBD and medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil.
- RSHO™ Salve: Nourish and hydrate dry, worn, tired areas of your body, from muscles and joints to rough elbows and cracked cuticles with this topical salve. Each 1.3-ounce jar of RSHO™ salve contains 50 mg of CBD, essential oils, and our unique herbal blend to revitalize your body and replenish critical resources lost throughout the day. Designed for whole body wellness, our topically applied salve can be used daily to address age spots, wrinkles, dry skin, and even muscle discomfort.
- Active Roll-On: Alleviate the stiffness that comes with normal everyday life and aging with this topical roll-on product. Whether you just competed in a grueling competition, finished a training session at the gym, or are just worn out from your everyday activities, Active Relief Roll-On provides the comforting effects needed to live your life to the fullest.
"Our international authority continues to flourish with these new permits and we couldn't be prouder to have such an influential presence in the Mexican market," said Medical Marijuana, Inc. CEO Dr. Stuart Titus. "We hope that consumers will see that we are dedicated to providing them with as many options as possible so that they can decide how CBD best fits into their everyday lives."
About HempMeds® Mexico
HempMeds ® Mexico is a Mexico-based company that made history by being the first company to receive a COFEPRIS federal government import permit for the cannabis product RSHO-X™ for a medical indication. HempMeds® Mexicoplans to work directly with the Mexican government to safely and legally provide access to CBD hemp oil products. For more information, please review the company's website at: http://www.hempmeds.mx.
About Medical Marijuana, Inc.
We are a company of firsts®. Our mission is to be the premier cannabis and hemp industry innovators, leveraging our team of professionals to source, evaluate and purchase value-added companies and products while allowing them to keep their integrity and entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create awareness within our industry, develop environmentally friendly, economically sustainable businesses, while increasing shareholder value. For details on Medical Marijuana, Inc.'s portfolio and investment companies, visit www.medicalmarijuanainc.com.
To see Medical Marijuana, Inc.'s corporate video, click here.
Shareholders and consumers are also encouraged to buy CBD oil and other products at Medical Marijuana, Inc.'s shop.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Medical Marijuana, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
Medical Marijuana, Inc. does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substances Act (US.CSA). These companies do grow, sell, and distribute hemp-based products and are involved with the federally legal distribution of medical marijuana-based products within certain international markets. Cannabidiol is a natural constituent of hemp oil.
Public Relations Contact:
SOURCE Medical Marijuana, Inc.