Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization Announces a National Call to Companies for Applications for the 2019 Niagara Investment Summit
The Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization (OBIO®) is announcing a national call for applications from health science companies who are seeking Series A or beyond investments to participate in the OBIO 2019 Niagara Investment Summit on February 20-22, 2019.
The OBIO 2019 Niagara Investment Summit will bring 30 of Canada’s most promising health science companies to Niagara-on-the-Lake to present to and meet with global investors. The Summit will feature keynote presentations and panel discussions from world-leading scientific and business experts.
“At OBIO’s 2019 Niagara Investment Summit, we will bring our most innovative Canadian health science companies together with leading global investors to create opportunities for new and cross-border investments,” said Gail Garland, President and CEO, OBIO. “With world-class technologies and a great environment for investment, Canadian companies present an incredible opportunity for global health science investors and we are looking forward to bringing the world to Canada’s doorstep.”
The theme of the 2019 Niagara Investment Summit is “Precision Medicine:
Canada, A Leader in the New Era,” which will highlight three
(1) AI in Health
(2) New Frontiers in Medicine
(3) Digital Health and Diagnostics
Companies selected to participate in the 2019 Niagara Investment Summit will be on a rolling basis and presentation spots are limited. Interested companies should send an email to Christina Yeh (email@example.com) and include a non-confidential pitch deck (15 slides maximum), demonstrating how your company fits within the theme of Precision Medicine.
Selected companies are responsible for the conference fee of $2,500 which includes:
- Full registration for one company representative
- An opportunity to pitch and hold one-on-one meetings with leading global investors
- Attendance at a health science CEO roundtable dinner discussion
- Two nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for the duration of the conference
OBIO 2019 Niagara Investment Summit Eligibility
- Companies based in Canada focused on developing health science products or services including but not limited to therapeutics, medical devices, diagnostics, or digital health which fit into the themes of the 2019 Niagara Investment Summit.
- Companies based in Canada seeking to raise Series A and beyond investment.
The Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization (OBIO®), a leading advocate for Canada’s health science industry, is a not-for-profit, membership-based organization engaged in the development of an integrated health innovation economy and one that will become a global leader in providing health technology products and services to the international marketplace. OBIO advances this goal through advocacy, promotion and strategic leadership and via collaborative partnerships with industry, academia, patients and government. For more information, visit www.obio.ca and follow OBIO on Twitter @OBIOscience.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181207005258/en/