Worldwide Active Pharmaceuticals Ingredients Market: Growth, Trends and Forecast (2018-2023) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
The "Active Pharmaceuticals Ingredients Market - Segmented by Business mode, Synthesis Type, Customer Base, Therapeutic Area, And Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The active pharmaceutical ingredients market was valued at USD 160.3 million in 2017, is expected to register a CAGR of about 6.1% during the forecast period, 2018-2023.
A huge impact from pharmaceutical industry, increasing adoption of biological and biosimilars, and rising prevalence of cancer are the major factors fueling the growth of the active pharmaceutical ingredients market.
- Increasing Adoption of Biologicals and Biosimilars Propels the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market
- Stringent Regulations Acts as a Major Barrier for the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to have High Growth Opportunities in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market
Market Segmentation Insights
- By business mode, the captive API segment of the market studied is defined as APIs used by pharmaceutical companies for in-house production of finished dosage forms. In 2017, this segment held 60% revenue share in the market.
- By type of synthesis, it is further segmented into synthetic and biotech. Active pharmaceutical ingredients based on their sources can be divided into two major categories, including chemical synthetic drugs and natural chemical drugs.
- By customer base, the market is further segmented into generic and branded. The generic API segment of the market studied holds the largest share and is expected to outpace the growth rates of branded APIs.
- By application, it is further segmented into cardiology, pulmonology, oncology, ophthalmology, neurology, and orthopedics. The incidence and prevalence of cancer is increasing year on year, which implies the requirement for the research and development of new APIs in the oncology segment to meet the demands of growing incidence which drives the market in the forecast period.
- ACETO Corporation with Rising Pharmaceuticals launched Atenolol tablets, 25mg, 50mg, and 100mg for hypertension.
- Novo Nordisk invested an additional USD 65 million into the plant established in Clayton, North Carolina for building a USD 2 billion API facility there.
- Sterling Pharma Solutions expanded its presence in the Asia region with growth experienced in the Japanese API market.
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
7. Market Segmentation
8. Competitive Landscape
9. Major Players
- Albemarle Corporation
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Dr. Reddy's Lab
- Mylan N.V.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Teva Active Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
10. Future Market Outlook
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/frwk5l/worldwide_active?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181207005459/en/