National Call to Companies for Applications to Present at the OBIO 2019 Niagara Investment Summit
The OBIO 2019 Niagara Investment Summit national call for applications from health science companies that are seeking Series A or beyond investments is now open.
On February 20-22, 2019, the Summit will bring 30 of Canada’s most promising health science companies to Niagara-on-the-Lake to present to and meet with global investors. This year’s Summit will highlight three fast-growing sectors:
1) New Frontiers in Medicine, including regenerative medicine, rare
diseases, therapeutics, and medical devices
2) Artificial Intelligence in Health
3) Digital Health and Diagnostics
The Summit will feature keynote presentations and panel discussions from world-leading scientific and business experts including Tom Lynch, former Chairman of Icon plc, Founder of Warner Chilcott, former CFO of Elan plc, Chairman of Evofem Biosciences and Non-Executive Director of GW Pharma, and Dr. Duncan Stewart, President and Scientific Director, Ontario Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Executive Vice-President of Research at The Ottawa Hospital, and CEO and Scientific Director of the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute.
“At OBIO’s 2019 Niagara Investment Summit, we will bring our most innovative Canadian health science companies together with leading global investors to create opportunities for new and cross-border investments,” said Gail Garland, President and CEO, OBIO. “With world-class technologies and a great environment for investment, Canadian companies present an incredible opportunity for global health science investors and we are looking forward to bringing the world to Canada’s doorstep.”
Companies selected to participate in the 2019 Niagara Investment Summit will be on a rolling basis and presentation spots are limited. Interested companies should send an email to Christina Yeh (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include a non-confidential pitch deck (15 slides maximum), demonstrating how your company fits within the theme of the Summit.
Selected companies are responsible for the conference fee of $2,500 which includes:
- Full registration for one company representative
- An opportunity to pitch and hold one-on-one meetings with leading global investors
- Attendance at a health science CEO roundtable dinner discussion
- Two nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for the duration of the conference
OBIO 2019 Niagara Investment Summit Eligibility
- Companies based in Canada focused on developing health science products or services including but not limited to therapeutics, medical devices, diagnostics, or digital health which fit into the themes of the 2019 Niagara Investment Summit.
- Companies based in Canada seeking to raise Series A and beyond investment.
The Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization (OBIO®), a leading advocate for Canada’s health science industry, is a not-for-profit, membership-based organization engaged in the development of an integrated health innovation economy and one that will become a global leader in providing health technology products and services to the international marketplace. OBIO advances this goal through advocacy, promotion and strategic leadership and via collaborative partnerships with industry, academia, patients and government. For more information, visit www.obio.ca and follow OBIO on Twitter @OBIOscience.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181213005958/en/