Removable Pool Fence Company, LOOP-LOC Shares 6 Water Workouts That Will Kick You Into Gear
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y., Jan. 11, 2019
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y., Jan. 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The New Year comes alongside a flood of new gym memberships, with people vowing to eat healthier, work harder, and exercise regularly. While we know that oftentimes resolutions are hard to keep up, your gym routine will be a breeze once you incorporate something you love – swimming! Embrace the New Year with a brand new aquatic fitness regime, using either your own pool if you're in a warmer climate or a gym pool if you're not. Removable pool fence company, LOOP-LOC, has 6 water workouts sure to kick you into gear for 2019. Get fit below!
- Jog in place. Jogging in place while underwater challenges your core and legs to fight against the water, adding a touch of resistance training for building muscle. It sounds simple, but a few rounds of this will have you feeling it in your upper thighs tomorrow.
- Flutter kick. Hold on to the edge of the pool, extend your arms all the way, and do small, rapid kicks with your legs. This will also target your core and legs; keep them strong through every rep and hold those arms out without locking your elbows to engage them as well.
- Underwater bicycle. Put your back against the pool edge and extend your arms to the side, resting on the ledge. Bicycle your feet in front of you, aiming towards the water's surface. Keep the core tight and the shoulders back as you kick through the water with power.
- Thigh lifts. Stand to one side of the pool, place both hands on your hips, and begin to do sideways leg lifts with one leg. Switch after your preferred amount of reps. If you want a better challenge, have your arms extended forward to keep them strong and engaged.
- Wave squats. If you're at the beach and looking for a water workout, start jumping over some waves and adding a deep squat to your landing. Doing this adds a sense of childlike innocence to your workout routine, while building up the glutes and thighs.
- Laps. Naturally, the classic water workout is swimming some strokes across the pool. Whether you know a few strokes or none of them, laps are a great way to engage in a full-body workout, while also strengthening your respiratory system.
Working out is all about making it a habit so your body can reap the benefits. Being in the water has so many positive effects already, so adding the aspect of a real, intensity focused workout only improves the benefits tenfold. Start the year off right and before you know it you'll be doing these exercises in your own pool too! Happy New Year everyone!
About LOOP-LOC: There's only one company known for manufacturing safety pool covers strong and tough enough to support an elephant: the legendary LOOP-LOC. LOOP-LOC is a global leader in the pool industry with a 200,000-square-foot headquarters in Hauppauge, New York, and 300 employees. Through its network of dealers, the company has sold safety swimming pool covers on every continent on earth except Antarctica. LOOP-LOC safety pool fence company now also manufactures a line of luxury in-ground pool liners—with more exclusive designer patterns than any other company—as well as the BABY-LOC removable fencing, a convenient, cost-effective additional layer of protection to help deter toddlers from gaining access to a swimming pool.