Southeast Asia Atopic Dermatitis Therapeutics Markets 2018-2024 - Growth Driven by Rising Awareness and Expected Launch of Novel Therapies - ResearchAndMarkets.com
The "Atopic Dermatitis Therapeutics in Southeast Asia Markets to 2024 - Growth Driven by Rising Awareness and Expected Launch of Novel Therapies" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Southeast Asia AD market will be valued at $848.6m in 2024, growing from $423.2m in 2017, at a compound annual growth rate of 10.5%.
The increase in uptake of recently approved and emerging targeted therapeutics, along with the continued uptake of existing branded therapies, will also propel market growth. Dupixent has the potential to be a game-changing therapy, as it is a first-in-class IL-drug and the first biologic approved for the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis (AD). In addition, Dupixent's expected launch in Singapore and Taiwan will be the most important event in the Atopic Dermatitis (AD) market space in the near-term. The continued uptake of this novel targeted therapy will contribute to the increasing ACoT and in turn drive the market in South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
In recent years, targeted therapies have become a focus for Atopic Dermatitis (AD) treatment research. Biologics, small molecule and other therapies targeting specific immune pathways for Atopic Dermatitis (AD) are currently being studied in various phases along the drug development pipeline. The late-stage pipeline contains promising therapies that have the potential to achieve approval and launch over the forecast period.
On the other hand, novel topical therapies are still needed in the Atopic Dermatitis (AD) disease space, as current topical options are limited to corticosteroids and calcineurin inhibitors, which are associated with side effects, a long treatment duration, and low compliance. The launch of new pipeline therapies with better clinical profiles will significantly increase the treatment options for Atopic Dermatitis (AD) patients and improve care levels. Due to the positive impact expected to be made by therapies over the forecast period, the Atopic Dermatitis (AD) market is anticipated to undergo expansion in South East Asia.
- Increasing awareness and diversified healthcare reform to boost market growth
- Promising pipeline products that target unmet needs for AD
- Restoring skin barrier function remains a key goal of disease management, meaning a continued need for moisturizers and topical agents
- First to second line of therapy is dominated by cheap, genericized topical drugs which create significant obstacles for novel drugs hoping to penetrate the market
- Pediatric sufferers are the largest patient group and pose a high bar in terms of safety for new products
- The complexity of the multiple etiologies that lead to AD means that treatment outcomes with existing drugs are not universal across all patient groups
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Marketed Products
4 Pipeline Analysis
5 Clinical Trial Analysis
6 Multi-scenario Forecast
7 Drivers and Barriers
8 Deals and Strategic Consolidations
- Eli Lilly and Incyte Corporation
- Kang Stem Biotech
- LEO Pharma
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bd7qs4/southeast_asia?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190115005393/en/