Global Contract Biomanufacturing Services Market to 2027 - Increased Funding From Private Investors And Government For Development Of CMOs - ResearchAndMarkets.com
The "Contract Biomanufacturing Services Global Market" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The contract biomanufacturing global market is valued at $13.3 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.5% to reach $48.8 billion by 2027.
Factors affecting the biologics contract manufacturing market include drivers such as globalization of outsourcing for biomanufacturing, increased funding from private investors and government for development of CMOs, the emergence of the latest technologies such as single-use bioreactors.
However, there are certain restraints that are hindering the growth of the market. These include high requirements for capital investments in setting up huge manufacturing facilities, the risk of product contamination and maintenance of production efficiency.
Entry of large pharmaceutical companies with excess capacity into contract manufacturing and stringent regulations such as mandatory GMP certifications is posing a huge threat to the market. Contrastingly, increasing biologics and biosimilar pipeline and successful collaborations between CMOs and biopharma companies are providing high growth opportunities for the contract biomanufacturing global market.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Contract Biomanufacturing Global Market
2 Market Analysis
Drivers And Opportunities
- Globalization Of Outsourcing For Bio-Manufacturing
- Increased Funding From Private Investors And Government For Development Of Cmos
- The Emergence Of Single-Use Bioreactors
- Increasing Biologics Approvals In The Past Year
- Successful Collaboration And Low Cost For Outsourcing
Restraints And Threats
- The High Requirement For Capital Investments Restraining Many Cmos To Enter The Biologics Space
- Risk Of Product Contamination & Maintaining High Productivity
- Entry Of Large Pharmaceutical Company With Excess Capacity Into The Cmo Market
- Stringent Regulations And Mandatory Requirement Of Cgmp Certifications
3 Contract Biomanufacturing Services
- Contract Biomanufacturing, By Process
- Contract Biomanufacturing Global Market, By End Users
- Competitive Landscape
- Company Developments
4 Company Profiles
- Abzena Plc
- Albany Molecular Research Inc
- Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. (AGC Bioscience/CMC Biologics)
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Catalent Inc.
- Charles River Laboratories
- Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies (Fujifilm Holdings Corporation)
- Horizon Discovery Group, Plc
- JHL Biotech Inc.
- Lonza Group
- Merck KGaA
- Rentschler Biotechnologie Gmbh
- Samsung Biologics
- JSR Life Sciences (Selexis SA)
- Syngene International
- Patheon N.V. (Thermo Fisher Scientific)
- Wuxi Biologics (Wuxi Apptec)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bmn5p9/global_contract?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190122005627/en/