Specialty Technical Publishers (STP) and Specialty Technical Consultants (STC) Publish Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Audit Protocol for the Netherlands
VANCOUVER, Canada, Jan. 22, 2019
VANCOUVER, Canada, Jan. 22, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Specialty Technical Publishers (STP) and Specialty Technical Consultants (STC) announce the availability of the newly updated International Audit Protocol Consortium (IAPC) EHS audit protocol for the Netherlands. Leading companies around the world use IAPC EHS audit protocols to understand the scope of their EHS regulatory obligations and rapidly collect, share, archive, and export audit findings in a cost effective manner. IAPC EHS audit protocols are now prepared by STC in partnership with STP and continue to focus on those national (plus, in some cases, regional or provincial) EHS requirements that have site-specific application for manufacturing operations. As a leading EHS management consulting firm with a global network of experienced EHS teaming partners, STC has indepth knowledge and technical expertise of local/regional EHS requirements.
STP and STC maintain leading-edge EHS audit protocols for more than 30 jurisdictions. The protocol documents are written in English and are available in MS Word, Adobe Acrobat and Excel formats, as well as through STP's web-based portal or can be integrated into an existing company platform. Using the protocols' custom templates and advanced functionality features, auditors can easily track audit findings and manage data over time to improve compliance, risk management and safety performance. In addition, STP's formatting is compatible with leading risk management and sustainability platform providers.
Highlights of selected legislation covered in the newly developed protocol include:
- "Temporary Regulation on the Implementation of Articles 8 and 14 of the Directive on Energy- Efficiency, published on July 15 2015, as amended through June 8 2017" came into effect on 16 July 2016. It implements the requirement from "Directive 2012/27/EU" on energy efficiency for larger (non-SME) enterprises to conduct an energy efficiency audit every 4 years. These audits must be carried out in an independent and cost-effective manner by qualified and/or accredited experts.
- "Decree on Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases and Ozone Depleting Substances, published on October 15, 2015" implements "Regulation (EU) No 517/2014 on Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases as well as Regulation (EC) No 1005/2009 on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer."
- "Regulation (EU) 2017/852 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2017 on Mercury, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 1102/2008" sets forth requirements for the temporary storage and disposal of mercury waste.
- "Decree on Fire Safe Use and Basic Aid in Other Locations, published October 12, 2017" lays down fire safety requirements for "other locations" that are otherwise not covered by relevant legislation. It was enacted to fill a gap in legislation where certain temporary events and buildings were not falling under the standard fire safety legislation. Mainly these are events (such as concerts or shows) but it can also concern such things as temporary storage of goods by companies or temporary office locations or light industry.
- "Decree on Basic Safety Norms Radiation Protection, published November 7, 2017" replaces the previous "Decree on Radiation Protection and the Executing Regulation on Radiation Protection EZ." It implements "Directive 2013/59/Euratom of 5 December 2013" laying down basic safety standards for protection against the dangers arising from exposure to ionising radiation. It is based on the "Nuclear Power Act (Kernenergiewet)," and establishes the requirement for permitting of ionizing radiation devices and the exposure dose equivalent. It also details the requirements for monitoring and medical exams for personnel.
- "Regulation Basic Safety Norms Radiation Protection, published January 10, 2018" expands on the "Decree on Basic Safety Norms Radiation Protection, 2017" and is aimed at protecting the population, employees and patients against the negative consequences of ionizing radiation.
- "Regulation on Radiation Protection Occupational Exposure 2018, published January 31, 2018" replaces the "Regulation on Radiation Workers 2014." It includes requirements to implement Chapter 7 (Occupational Exposure) of the "Decree on Basic Safety Norms Radiation Protection." It contains requirements on maintaining records on exposure information and the provision of dosimetric results to exposed employees. In addition, this Regulation references Appendix of the "Ministerial Decision on Labor Legislation (Arbeidsomstandighedenregeling)" for specific requirements on radiation safety signs and labels.
- "ANVS-Directive on Basic Safety Norms Radiation Protection, published January 31, 2018" provides additional information for the implementation of the "Decree on Basic Safety Norms Radiation Protection" as issued by the Authority Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection – ANVS..
For more information on all International EHS audit protocols offered by STP and STC click here.
About Specialty Technical Publishers
Specialty Technical Publishers (STP) produces technical resource guides covering environmental, health & safety, transportation, accounting, business practices, standards and law, offering comprehensive guidance on key compliance and regulatory issues. STP is a division of Glacier Media Inc., a Canadian information communications company that provides primary and essential information in print, electronic and online media. Glacier's Business and Professional Information Group publishes directories, technical manuals, research and development materials, medical education, electronic databases, investment information and specialty websites.
About Specialty Technical Consultants
Specialty Technical Consultants, Inc. (STC) is a specialized management consulting firm working to enhance environmental health and safety (EHS) performance. Through its consulting services, STC partners with clients to strengthen management systems' design and implementation, and identifies needs and implements solutions to meet business objectives. Services provided include: EHS compliance support; risk assessment; EHS auditing; corporate responsibility and sustainability; EHS management systems development and implementation; EHS regulatory information tools; and EHS training.
STC is certified as a Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and the Supplier Clearinghouse for the California Public Utilities Commission, and as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program.
SOURCE Specialty Technical Publishers