Novartis UK gains Top Employer status for sixth consecutive year in recognition of excellence in employee conditions
- Novartis UK has been awarded 2019 UK Top Employer Certification by the prestigious Top Employers Institute for its progressive ‘people-first’ HR policies
- The launch of three new wellbeing initiatives, and a focus on support and training, are testament to Novartis UK’s high standards and emphasis on employee wellbeing
- The Top Employers Institute is the global authority in certifying excellence in employee conditions
Frimley, January 31, 2019 – Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd. (Novartis UK) has been recognised for its ‘people-first’ human resources (HR) practices by being officially certified as a 2019 Top Employer by the Top Employers Institute. Testament to the company’s longstanding commitment to an outstanding working environment, this is the sixth consecutive year the company has been granted Top Employer status. Sandoz UK, a division of the Novartis Group, has also been certified as a 2019 Top Employer.
“Improving and extending the lives of patients is what motivates Novartis UK associates to come to work every day. As a business, we embrace the challenge and are committed to ensuring that our people are supported and empowered whilst at work”, said Erica Cassin, HR Director at Novartis UK. “This year we have placed huge focus on our employee wellbeing offering through the launch of UK-specific support hubs for associates affected by mental health challenges and cancer. I am extremely proud that these important initiatives have contributed to our Top Employer success, and that they help to ensure Novartis remains an employer of choice.”
The annual, international Top Employer award recognises market-leading employers that provide exceptional employee conditions. As identified through a rigorous research and validation process, the select group of certified companies provide an exceptional employee experience through strategic and thoughtful workplace programmes that enrich and develop employees.
Contributing to Novartis UK’s success this year was the launch of three new wellbeing initiatives:
· The Ensemble programme supports Novartis associates in the UK whose lives have been affected by cancer, whether they are facing cancer as an individual, caregiver or as a manager. A bespoke, online hub offers information and a network of cancer champions have been trained to offer guidance and support
· A mental health action plan was put in place across Novartis UK to break the stigma about mental health in the workplace. The action plan established a team of champions to drive improvement in the company’s approach to mental health, offered further training for managers, prioritised a work-life balance and simplified the internal mental health pathway for associates who needed support
· Energized for Life encourages all Novartis employees to realise their full potential and be their best self every day and everywhere. The programme concentrates on a new cultural aspiration to be inspired, curious and “unbossed”.
CEO of the Top Employers Institute, David Pink says that: “We believe that the 2019 Certified organisations demonstrate exceptional employee conditions and encourage the development of these practices by putting their people first. These companies help enrich the world of work with their outstanding dedication to HR excellence and because of this, they are recognised as an employer of choice.”
The Top Employers Institute assessed Novartis UK’s employee offerings on the following criteria:
· Talent strategy
· Talent acquisition
· Workforce planning
· Learning and development
· Performance management
· Leadership development
· Career and succession management
· Compensation and benefits
The Top Employers Institute recognises excellence in the conditions that employers create for their people. Companies have to complete a stringent research process, and to further reinforce the validity of the process, all answers are independently audited and verified. Novartis UK is among a privileged group of organisations to receive a UK Top Employers certification for 2019. To learn more about the Top Employers Institute and the Top Employers Certification, please visit: www.top-employers.com
Novartis provides innovative healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, cost-saving generic and biosimilar pharmaceuticals and eye care. Novartis has leading positions globally in each of these areas. In 2017, the Group achieved net sales of USD 49.1 billion, while R&D throughout the Group amounted to approximately USD 9.0 billion. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 125,000 full-time-equivalent associates. Novartis products are sold in approximately 155 countries around the world. For more information, please visit http://www.novartis.com.
In the UK, we employ approximately 1,500 people to serve healthcare needs across the whole of the UK, as well as supporting the global operations of Novartis. In 2017 Novartis invested almost £30million in R&D and is a leading sponsor of clinical trials in the UK. For more information, please visit www.novartis.co.uk.
For further information, please visit www.novartis.co.uk or follow on:
· Twitter. Sign up to follow @NovartisUK at https://twitter.com/novartisuk
· Facebook. Sign up to follow @NovartisUK
· LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/company/novartis/life/
For Novartis multimedia content, please visit https://www.novartis.co.uk/news/media-library.