Oxycodone Market to reach a revenue of US$ 4 Billion in 2028
Expanding at a rather modest annual growth rate of 4.6 percent, the global market for oxycodone is projected to reach a revenue of US$ 4 Billion in 2028—showcasing an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 181.3 Mn, through 2018-2019. Future Market Insights, in its recent analysis of the global oxycodone market, elaborates on the key market dynamics, opportunity assessment, and regional and competitive landscape analysis, for a period spanning 2018 to 2028.
With nearly 10-fold increase in the use of opioids since its inception, the oxycodone contributes to one of the largest revenue generator in the overall pharmaceutical landscape. Intensifying sales of oxycodone can be attributed to:
- Increasing patent expirations for branded products and much lesser new product launches, translating into increased consumption of generics—that contribute to the maximum revenue of the global oxycodone market, thereby, fueling the net sales.
- Growing number of cancer treatments, which in turn, increases the demand for supportive care medications for pain management. Increased prescriptions of oxycodone and Hydrocodone for treating cancer pain, will remain the largest contributor to the sales growth of the aforementioned medication.
Request a Sample Report with Table of Contents and Figures: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-7638
“In terms of demand, high efficiency of synthetic and semi-synthetic opioids increase its use. In addition, Opioids prescription is highly regulated by a set of clinical practice guidelines, while ensuring safe access and proper dosage. Opioids are covered under such stringent regulations translates into increased consumption. Rising awareness about palliative care in terminal disease conditions combined with favorable reimbursement policies are some additional demand-side factors, augmenting the consumption of opioids”, projects a senior analyst at FMI
Elaborating further, the analyst explains that palliative care programs in US—which includes palliative care consultation teams and dedicated in-patient palliative care units—are delivered in accordance with the government and commercial reimbursement policies, further boosting the oxycodone market in the region. In addition to palliative programs, increased prescription in de-addiction programs, is well contributing to the demand of de-addiction opiates.
Innovative Drug Formulations Pushing Oxycodone Global Sales
In the in-depth analysis of the oxycodone market, FMI underlines the introduction of innovative opiate drugs, currently occupying a lion’s share. Innovations in formulations—not necessarily targeted at drug efficacy— is a critical supply-side driver in the global oxycodone market. Abuse-deterrent formulations in Oxycontin, by Purdue Pharma is one such example. Moreover, Purdue has been granted exclusive selling rights for Oxycontin till 2030, after it made formulations changes to the drug’s chemical structure, thereby marketing it as an ‘abuse-proof’, slow-releasing pill. In addition, FDA’s nod to new generation drugs, making them ‘less-addictive’, will gain prominence through 2028. Drug advancements in extended-release medications for pain control, would supplement to the sales of oxycodone, globally. This scenario is expected to create favorable adoption opportunities for long-standing oxycodone, notes FMI in its report titled “Oxycodone Market Global Industry Analysis 2013-2017 and Opportunity Assessment 2018-2028”.
Our advisory services are aimed at helping you with specific, customized insights that are relevant to your specific challenges. Let us know about your challenges and our trusted advisors will connect with you: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/customization-available/rep-gb-7638
Opportunity Analysis of Oxycodone Market Reveals Lucrative Growth Prospects
- In terms of business expansion opportunities, strategic investments, licensing agreements, and acquisitions hold significant potential.
- Apart from the above mentioned, investments in research and development activities would present potential growth opportunities for oxycodone manufacturers.
- Increasing strategic collaborations between manufacturers and generic drugs distributors operating in the pain management business, will prove critical to forward expansion plans.
- As demand for oxycodone remains uniform across patients of all age groups, opioids are expected to offer effective drug formulations and enhanced solubility of API, further prompting manufactures to capitalize on the emerging latent opportunity.
- Rising prevalence of chronic diseases in humans and increasing demand for parenteral formulations around the world, particularly in North American countries, will supplement to the growth of oxycodone market in the region.
For More Information On This Report, Please Visit @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/7638
Oxycodone Market Reports – Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Market Introduction
- Regulatory Scenario Global Economic Outlook
- Oxycodone Market Opportunity Analysis
- Market Background
- Key Inclusions
- North America Oxycodone Market Analysis 2013–2017 and Forecast 2018–2028
- Latin America Oxycodone Market Analysis 2013–2017 and Forecast 2018–2028
- Europe Oxycodone Market Analysis 2013–2017 and Forecast 2018–2028
- Asia Pacific Oxycodone Market Analysis 2013–2017 and Forecast 2018–2028
- Middle East and Africa Oxycodone Market Analysis 2013–2017 and Forecast 2018–2028
- Forecast Factors: Relevance and Impact
- Competition Analysis
Request Complete TOC Of this Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/askus/rep-gb-7638
Additional Questions Answered
Some of the additional questions addressed in this report on oxycodone market-
- What is the revenue potential of point-of-care oxycodone across regions of North America and Europe?
- Who are the key competitors and what are their portfolios in oxycodone market?
- What are major challenges influencing the growth of oxycodone market?
- How intervention from regulatory authority is shaping the oxycodone market growth?
About Us – Future Market Insights is the premier provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India.
Future Market Insights
616 Corporate Way,
New York 10989,