Smith & Nephew Adopts One-platform Approach with Medidata to Support Expansion of Study Portfolio
- Medical technology company consolidates study management on the Medidata Rave® Clinical Cloud™
- By using a consolidated platform, data flows seamlessly between electronic data capture (EDC) and clinical trial management system (CTMS) solutions
- Clinical operations teams can focus on critical study oversight activities rather than data collection and integration
London, UK: 1st May 2019 - Medidata (NASDAQ: MDSO) today announced that medical technology business Smith & Nephew (LSE: SN, NYSE: SNN) has consolidated all of its global studies on the Medidata Rave Clinical Cloud. The company expanded its use of Rave clinical solutions and will leverage Medidata Managed Services to design and implement studies globally.
By adopting the Medidata Clinical Cloud, Smith & Nephew has created a seamless data flow from electronic data capture (EDC) to clinical trial management system (CTMS) on a single platform. This simplifies trial oversight, providing clinical operations teams with easy access and visualisation of data to understand enrolment and progress of a clinical trial.
Medidata’s unique, data-driven CTMS ensures that Smith & Nephew can grow its study portfolio faster by breaking down data silos, allowing teams to focus on oversight activities that are critical to the success of a trial. With this new functionality, clinical operations teams can:
- Enter data once and find, access, and reuse EDC data whenever necessary
- Eliminate costly integrations, duplicate data entry, data reconciliation and manual tracking activities
- Access data in real time with a single sign on
“Our expanded partnership with Medidata will establish a consistent, unified approach to manage all our clinical trials as we expand our portfolio of advanced medical products to better the lives of patients around the world,” said Andy Weymann, chief medical officer, Smith & Nephew.
Smith & Nephew will work with Medidata’s managed services team to design and build studies in the areas of orthopaedics, sports medicine and advanced wound management.
“We’re excited that Smith & Nephew chose to manage all of their studies on the industry-leading Medidata Rave Clinical Cloud,” said Glen de Vries, president and cofounder, Medidata. “By creating a seamless data flow between EDC and CTMS on a consolidated platform study teams have a single source of truth and access to data in real time, in any application.”