Thermo Fisher Scientific Takes Liquid Chromatography Performance to New Heights at HPLC 2019
Enhanced flexibility with new family of HPLC columns
MILAN, Italy – HPLC 2019 – (June 17, 2019) – Bringing enhanced flexibility to high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) while maintaining productivity, continuity and robustness, Thermo Fisher Scientific is showcasing its latest chromatography solutions and techniques during the 48th International Symposium on High Performance Liquid Phase Separations and Related Techniques (HPLC 2019) held June 16–20 at the University of Milano-Bicocca, Milan, Italy.
The launch of the Thermo Scientific Preparative HPLC family of columns is designed to meet the needs of pharmaceutical scientists seeking a scalable, cost-effective analytical solution for the preparative HPLC purification of drug candidates, production scale-up and high-quality separation of chiral molecules. The Preparative HPLC family of columns provides scientists with:
- Access to over 40 phase chemistries for greater flexibility and the option to scale up analytical methods with consistent chemistry for easier method transfer.
- A wide range of column dimensions to meet most applications, providing enhanced flexibility and continuity between analytical and preparation scale.
- The option to combine specific chemistries with alternative column dimensions to meet individual needs.
- Optional XtendedLife hardware, incorporating an internal Dynamic Axial Compression system, which ensures the media bed is continually packed tight, improving the lifetime and robustness of the column.
"Scientists across the life sciences are being asked to do more with less when it comes to HPLC techniques, and they cannot afford analytical challenges that cause costly delays or limit productivity," said Molly Flick, vice president and general manager, chromatography columns and consumables, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "By providing consistent, reliable and cost-effective liquid separation, the introduction of our Preparative HPLC family of columns demonstrate our ongoing commitment to supporting our customers with their everyday analytical needs."
The Preparative HPLC columns expand the capabilities of scientists employing analytical HPLC in pharmaceutical development and manufacturing by providing high quality chemistries for consistent and reliable separations.
"It’s essential to be able to take any compound of interest, whether it’s a drug candidate or a therapeutic natural product, from initial investigation to pilot scale as easily, efficiently and effectively as possible," said Mike Baynham, senior product manager, LC columns, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Customers can rely on the Preparative HPLC columns to meet their pipeline needs by providing a strong and cost-effective solution that supports both the development and quality assurance of future medicines."
Alongside the analytical solutions being showcased at booth #14 in Building U6 during HPLC 2019, Thermo Fisher is also presenting a series of oral posters and technical workshops with industry and company experts. These presentations will highlight the latest developments in chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation and the consumables that enable their high performance, and include:
- Revolutionizing Chromatography with the Vanquish UHPLC systems, Tuesday, June 18, 1.00–1.50 p.m., Hall U6–01A, ground floor. Presented by Carsten Paul, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Gunda Koellensperger, University of Vienna, Department of Chemistry, Vienna, Austria.
- Increasing Method Throughput with Ultra-High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, Wednesday, June 19, 1.00–1.50 p.m., Hall U6–01A, ground floor. Presented by James P. Grinias, Rowan University, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, New Jersey, USA, and Whitney Shatz, Principal Scientist, Genentech Research and Development Group, San Francisco, USA.
- Ultra-High-Pressure Ion Chromatography with Suppressed Conductivity Detection at 70 MPa using Columns Packed with 2.5 µm Particles, Monday, June 17, 11.10–11.25 a.m., (MON 3.1) Fundamentals – 1, Column Efficiency. Presented by Chris Pohl, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Effects of Metal Contamination Caused by Iron-free HPLC Systems on Peak Shape and Retention of Drugs with Chelating Properties, Tuesday, June 18, 11.45 a.m.–12.00 p.m., (TUE 4.2) Pharmaceuticals and Biopharmaceuticals – 1. Presented by Mauro De Pra, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- An End-to-end Workflow for an Automated Peptide Mapping Identification Method Aimed at Routine QA/QC Laboratories, Thursday, June 20, 11.55 a.m.–12.10 p.m., (THUR 1.2) Quality Control – 2. Presented by Tom Buchanan, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Native Amino Acid Analysis in Wine by HILIC Separation and Detection with Single Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry, Monday, June 17, 3.35–5.00 p.m., P149 – Applications. Presented by Heiko Herrmann, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Tandem UHPLC Operation for High-throughput LC-MS Peptide Mapping Analyses, Tuesday, June 18, 3.45–4.35 p.m., P298 – LC/MS and Hyphenation. Presented by Giorgia Greco, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Strategies for the Transfer of Liquid Chromatography Methods between Different Instruments, Wednesday, June 19, 12.40–2.00 p.m., P466 – Fundamentals. Presented by Frank Steiner, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
For more information on Thermo Fisher’s solutions, applications, presentations and seminars at HPLC 2019, please visit www.thermofisher.com/hplc2019.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.