Cegedim unveils evolving Pharmacy Manager PMR at this year’s Pharmacy Show
Enhancements include new user interface and intelligent dashboard developed in response to customer feedback
7th October 2019, NEC Birmingham: Cegedim RX, part of innovative healthcare technology and services company, Cegedim, is presenting the latest evolution of its flagship Pharmacy Manager PMR at The Pharmacy Show, Stand PC30, Sunday 6th & Monday 7th of October 2019. Developed in line with customers’ needs for greater automation and innovation, Pharmacy Manager’s enhancements will allow users to maximise new revenue opportunities and increase profitability without disruption to the business.
Pharmacy Manager has provided independent pharmacies as well as groups with industry leading functionality since early 1980, to help them not only dispense prescriptions safely, but also manage their stock and business more effectively. Over the years, Pharmacy Manager has continued to evolve with the changing pharmacy landscape, offering: repeat management, care home support and group management. It was the first system to receive full roll out approval for the electronic prescription service in England as well as e-MAS, AMS and CMS in Scotland, fast becoming the UK’s market leading PMR.
A number of new features introduced over this time have now become integral to the way in which pharmacies function today; as the pace of change in today’s world is getting faster, Cegedim has listened to its customers and evolved alongside.
Steve Bradley, Group Managing Director, Cegedim UK explains: “Today’s customers want their experience with technology to be simple, value adding and with real time outputs. We have worked hard to match these expectations alongside those of a rapidly changing NHS, where the Long Term Plan outlines a vision for ‘fully integrated community-based healthcare’ where pharmacists play a prominent role in multidisciplinary teams, aligned with new primary care networks.”
He continues: “We have embedded our commitment into a product experience goal that delivers products and solutions that precisely match our customer’s needs, enhance the UK healthcare systems, and facilitate improvements in patient care and outcomes."
Through a combination of customer feedback and in-house expertise, Cegedim’s Pharmacy Manager can now work smarter and harder, and puts pharmacies’ needs at the heart of the delivery model.
New features include:
- New Intelligent Dashboard with direct links to current services and management features
- Dynamic tiles to prompt and guide users to take the right course of action
- Real time notifications and alerts all in one place E.g. colour coded alerts for prescription claims that are due to expire so that the pharmacy never loses money again.
- Notes feature enabling the electronic capture of important notes in the pharmacy
- Calendar to enable the electronic capture of key events and appointments to aid the smooth running of the pharmacy
- Quick links to NHS services, including a prescription tracker and NHS mail
- And fridge temperature recording; sometimes it’s the little things that delight
- Modernised User Interface:
- Fresh new look for Pharmacy Manager with value adding functionality.
- Keeping the best of what works well today and adding smarter functions.
- New Dispensing Functions
- Scan driven dispensing
- Integrated FMD with service indicators
Cegedim is already delivering the beta release of Pharmacy Manager, which has been rolled out to a select number of sites. Full product roll out will be expected from the end of October 2019, across England, Scotland and Wales
Tracey Robertson, Product Director, Cegedim is also speaking at The Pharmacy Show, delivering a presentation entitled ‘Driving Pharmacy Efficiency with Smarter IT Solutions’ in the Technology Theatre on Sunday 6th October at 2:05pm. In this session, Tracey will explore how more modern and intuitive technology solutions can enable pharmacies to work smarter to achieve required cost savings in line with reduced funding and promote revenue growth.
To find out more about Cegedim RX and Pharmacy Manager’s latest enhancements visit www.cegedimrx.co.uk/pharmacymanager
- Cegedim RX
- Cegedim RX