Vision attends Best Practice Show to share new strategy as part of Cegedim’s commitment to deliver a smarter, better and faster healthcare solution.
9th October 2019, NEC Birmigham: Over the last few years, Cegedim, the business that delivers Vision, has made a significant investment in reviewing the market and understanding the needs of its customers. As part of a new journey to deliver a smarter, better and faster healthcare technology solution, Cegedim has undertaken an internal restructure alongside expanding and developing its product portfolio in anticipation of the future needs of GP practices, patients, Primary Care Networks and CCGs.
As such, at this year’s Best Practice 2019 Show, hosted at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham on 9th and 10th October, Cegedim is pleased to announce the latest updates to its Vision solution [Stand J41].
Customer feedback to date on the latest functionality highlights the continuous improvement journey that Cegedim is taking Vision on. Customers who have been trialling the latest functionality as part of this evolution journey said: “Cegedim have listened! Vision has evolved with lots of improvements. The new functionality release which is scheduled to go public imminently will make a real difference.”
Some of the new functionality includes:
- SNOMED is now used as primary terminology for data entry to significantly improve accuracy when searching for clinical codes.
- PRESCRIPTION MANAGEMENT. New functionality enables Vision users to complete a range of tasks, including:
- Print both acute and repeat medications
- Reprint prescriptions
- Easily manage prescription printing with a new print prescriptions page
- Print repeat reorder forms
- Add notes to prescriptions for the patient or dispenser
- Print up to 4 items on one prescription
- NEW CLINICAL CALCULATORS can now be accessed, including BMI, Diabetes Risk, DOSE index.
- CLINICAL TEMPLATES. A new framework for using clinical data entry templates from Outcomes Manager has been introduced to help standardise data entry and develop a population health management strategy.
- ELECTRONIC TESTS requests are now integrated with the tQuest test requesting system.
- PRESCRIBER SECURITY RIGHTS have been enhanced and roled out across the Vision solution to ensure prescribing restrictions on printing, re-authorising and reprinting are universally configured.
- NEW UPGRADE MECHANISM to simplify the Vision upgrade process and give users more control over when installations are run.
- BETTER HELPDESK ANALYTICS with improved support monitoring to allow our support teams to better track errors quickly and explain what you need to do faster.
Steve Bradley, Group Managing Director, comments, “At Cegedim we are on a continuous improvement journey where we listen, act and improve. We are fast evolving a new product strategy to address the challenges arising from the NHS Long Term Plan, the GP Contract Reform Five-Year Framework and the GP Partnership Review, all launched in January this year.”
Steve continues, “The Best Practice event is an ideal opportunity for the industry to share their thoughts with us so that we can collaboratively continue to shape the future of Primary Care by delivering the next generation of information technology for general practice and primary care networks. We are keen to understand what GP practice managers and PCN clinical directors need to develop sustainable models of care.”