The Worldwide Generic Drugs Industry is Projected to Reach $507.8 Billion by 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Generic Drugs - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Generic Drugs estimated at US$365.9 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$507.8 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% over the analysis period.
Small-Molecule Generics, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 5.2% CAGR to reach US$325.7 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Biosimilars segment is readjusted to a revised 6.3% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 37.7% share of the global Generic Drugs market.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $116.2 Billion in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $91.2 Billion by 2026
The Generic Drugs market in the U.S. is estimated at US$116.2 Billion in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 30.46% share in the global market. China, the world second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$91.2 Billion in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 7.2% through the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 3.8% and 5% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 4.3% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$97.6 Billion by the close of the analysis period.
Select Competitors (Total 42 Featured) -
- Abbott Laboratories
- Apotex Inc.
- ASKA Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited
- AstraZeneca Plc
- Baxter International Inc.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Endo International plc
- Fresenius Kabi
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- H. Lundbeck A/S
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis International AG
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Sandoz International GmbH
- Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC
- STADA Arzneimittel AG
- Sun Pharma
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Generic Drugs - Global Key Competitors Percentage Market Share in 2022 (E)
- Competitive Market Presence - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- The Race Between the Virus & Vaccines Intensifies. Amidst this Chaotic Battle, Where is the World Economy Headed in 2021?
- How Fast the World is Vaccinated Will Determine How Soon the Pandemic Will End: Global Number of Annual COVID-19 Vaccine Doses (In Million) for Years 2020 through 2025 by Geographic Region/Country
- Progress on Vaccinations, Why Should Businesses Care?
- These are Times When Questions Abound & Answers Are Few
- With IMF's Upward Revision of Global GDP Forecasts for 2021, Most Companies Are Bullish About a Global Economic Comeback.
- A Strong 2021 Economic Rebound Based On Pent-Up Demand Comes as a Relief for Suffering Industries & Markets: World Economic Growth Projections (Real GDP, Annual % Change) for 2020 through 2022
- How the Healthcare Industry Has & Continues to be Impacted by the Pandemic & What's the New Normal?
- With the COVID-19 Pandemic Exposing Global Healthcare Unpreparedness, There is Increasing Policy Led Focus on Rebooting Health Systems Worldwide: Current & Required Healthcare Spending as % of GDP
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Patent Expiries Set to Widen the Addressable Market for Generic Drugs
- Patent Expiry of Select Major Drugs in the US: 2020-2022
- Robust Demand for Pharmaceutical Drugs Drives Demand for Generic Drugs
- Cost Containment Measures Put Focus on Generics
- Small Molecule Generics Represent the Dominant Segment
- Increasing Demand for Biosimilars, Driven by Patent Expiry of Major Biopharmaceutical Drugs
- Patent Expiries of Major Biopharmaceutical Drugs in the US and Europe
- Progressive Regulatory Framework Accelerates Product Approvals & Subsequently Market Revenues
- Specific Guidelines for Biosimilars in Various Countries with Year of Publication
- Biosimilars Regulatory Agencies in Select Regional Markets
- Biosimilar Approvals in the US (as of February 2021)
- Biosimilar Approvals in Europe (as of January 2021)
- Rising Healthcare Costs Drive Demand for Generic Drugs
- World Healthcare Expenditure (In US$ Billion) for the Years 2017-2023
- Aging Population to Propel the Demand for Generic Drugs
- Global Aging Population Statistics for the 65+ Age Group in Million by Geographic Region for the Years 2019, 2025, 2035 and 2050
- Rising Prevalence of Chronic Diseases Drive the Demand for Generic Drugs
- Global Cost of Chronic Diseases (In US$ Billion) for the Years 2018 and 2030
- Fatalities by Heart Conditions - Estimated Percentage Breakdown for Cardiovascular Disease, Ischemic Heart Disease, Stroke, and Others
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/c5psrd
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900