Global Sterilization Market to 2028 - Progressive Refinements of Sterilization Technologies Presents Opportunities - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Sterilization Global Market - Forecast To 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Sterilization is the process of complete eradication or elimination of all microbes both in their vegetative and sporing states from healthcare products using various physical and chemical methods. The highly distinct thermal, irradiation and chemical sterilization agents or technologies are used for the production of safer and value-enhanced sterile or aseptic healthcare products before their application.
As estimated, the sterilization global market is expected to grow at a high single digit CAGR to reach $9,398.9 million by 2028 due to necessity to curb the persistently escalating prevalence of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs), the requisite to sterilize the reusable high risk or critical surgical instruments used in the constantly elevating surgical procedures across the globe, the regulatory mandate of terminal sterilization or aseptic processing of healthcare products before commercialization, increasing trend of outsourcing of sterilization services by the healthcare industry, constant progressive refinements of various sterilization technologies, the gradual transition of medical devices market from reprocessed to the value enhanced single use devices and the necessity to terminally sterilize the huge volume of disposable devices, steadily increasing and advancing healthcare facilities, healthcare industry and research settings across the globe with increased utilization of various sterilization products and the persistently elevating fragile geriatric population burdened with several co-morbidities with increased medical needs and increased vulnerability to HAIs.
The sterilization global market is categorized into various market segments based on the product and services, end-users and geography.
The sterilization global market is mainly divided into four major geographies, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World (ROW). Among these, North America region commanded the largest revenue in 2021 and is expected of growing at a mid single digit CAGR during the forecast period. Asia-Pacific region is the fastest emerging region and is expected of growing at a double digit CAGR from 2021 to 2028.
The Sterilization global market is a consolidated market with few players occupying major share of the market. The top six players occupy a major share and other companies occupy only a minor share in the Sterilization global market in 2021. In the heat sterilizers' global market, top five players occupy majority of the market. In ethylene oxide sterilizers' global market, top four players occupy a major share while remaining minority share of the market is occupied by other companies. In hydrogen peroxide sterilizers' global market, top four players occupy major share of the market.
Drivers and Opportunities
- Necessity to Curb Increasing Prevalence of Healthcare Associated Infections (Hais)
- Persistently Increasing Surgical Procedure Volume
- Regulatory Mandate of Terminal Sterilization or Aseptic Processing of the Medical or Healthcare Industry Products
- Increasing Trend of Outsourcing of Sterilization Process
- Progressive Refinements of Sterilization Technologies
- Steadily Escalating Geriatric Population
- the Gradual Conversion of Medical Device Market from Reusable to Single Use Medical Devices
- Expanding and Advancing Healthcare Industry and Increasing and Improving Healthcare Facilities Across the Globe
Restraints & Threats
- High Cost of Sterilizers, Sterilization Technology and Huge Capital Expenditure Requirement for Sterilization Facilities
- Adverse Effects of Sterilization Technologies Methods
- Necessity of Sterilizer, Sterilization Method Developers, Manufacturers and Contract Sterilization Service Providers to Be Compliant With Stringent Regulatory Guidelines
- Lack of Skilled Personnel for Performing Advanced Sterilization Process
- Sterilization Compatibility Challenges Associated With Advanced Healthcare Products
- 3M Company
- Acmas Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- ALP Co., Ltd
- Andersen Sterilizers, Inc.
- Astell Scientific Ltd.
- Avantti Medi Clear
- Azbil Corporation (Azbil Telstar SLU)
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- BBF Sterilisationsservice GmbH
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Best Dent Equipment Co.,Limited
- Beta-Gamma-Service GmbH & Co. KG
- Biobase Group
- BIOLENE SRL
- Bionics Scientific Technologies (P) Ltd.
- Boulder iQ
- Cardinal health Inc.
- Cascade Health Care Inc.
- Celitron Medical Technologies Kft
- Chalmers Group of Companies (Spire Integrated Solutions) (Primus Sterilizer Co LLC)
- Cisa group
- ClorDisys Solutions Inc.
- CNIM Group (Bertin Technologies)
- Consolidated Sterilizer Systems
- CPAC Equipments Inc.
- CRISTOFOLI EQUIPAMENTOS de SEGURANCA - LtdA
- De Lama S.P.A
- DGM Group (DGM pharma)
- E-BEAM Services, Inc.
- Eryigit A.S
- Eschmann Technologies Ltd.
- ETC Sterilization Systems
- Etigam BV
- Famos BV
- Fedegari Group
- Fortive Corporation (ASP)
- Genlantis Inc. (a division of Gene Therapy Systems, Inc.)
- Getinge AB
- Gient Heating Industry Co. Ltd.
- High Energy Processing Cape (PTY) Ltd (HEPRO)
- Hirayama manufacturing Corporation
- Howden Group ltd.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (Despatch - ITW EAE)
- Ion Beam Applications S.A.
- And Many More Companies!
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hdpec2
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900