miRNA Sequencing and Assay Market Report 2022: Rise in Adoption of RNA Sequencing Protocols in Biotechnology Research Drives Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "miRNA Sequencing and Assay Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product & Service, by Technology, by Workflow, by Application, by End-use, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2022-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global miRNA sequencing and assay market size is expected to reach USD 823.5 million by 2030. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 13.25% from 2022 to 2030 owing to the growing application areas of miRNA sequencing in the healthcare sector. For instance, various research studies stated that miRNAs can be efficiently used as biomarkers in the prognosis and diagnosis of cancer (cervical, ovarian, and breast), sepsis, cardiovascular diseases, and nervous system conditions. Thus, miRNA sequence analysis is significantly employed for gene regulation analysis in clinical disorders. For instance, an article published in frontiers, in March 2022, stated that blood-based miRNA biomarkers could be used to correlate brain-based miRNA expression.
Prominent players such as PerkinElmer Inc.; Illumina, Inc.; and Qiagen offer innovative sequencing products for several clinical applications. Furthermore, these companies have entered into several strategic initiatives with research institutes to expand the sequencing application in research studies. For instance, in January 2022, BIORCHESTRA, a South Korean biopharmaceutical company, entered into a partnership agreement with SK Biopharmaceuticals to accelerate research and development into novel therapeutic compounds that target miRNAs.
Key market players are involved in the development of new tools, instruments, and kits with high specificity and reproducibility, which is fueling the market growth. For instance, in October 2019, TriLink BioTechnologies introduced two primer sets for its CleanTag kit. Thermo Fisher Scientific's sequencer platform can prepare small RNA libraries using these new Ion Torrent Convert barcode primer sets. Such launches are expected to boost market growth.
miRNA Sequencing And Assay Market Report Highlights
- By product & service, product dominated the market in 2021. This is due to the presence of several key companies that offer a broad range of consumables, kits, and instruments for specific applications
- By technology, sequencing by synthesis led the market in 2021. This is due to its fast turnaround time, high sensitivity, and high throughput. Moreover, it plays a key role in the mutation detection of tumor tissue, which helps to develop personalized therapies
- By workflow, sequencing captured the largest share in 2021 as it is the most important step in the workflow. It has become a key research tool in biological research and several disease diagnoses
- By application, cancer dominated the market in 2021. Several ongoing research in cancer using miRNA as a biomarker to study the prognosis and diagnosis of cancer to develop new therapies is contributing to the segment growth
- By end-use, research and academic institutes led the market in 2021 with a revenue share of over 50.0%. The growth is attributed to the increased R&D studies conducted by academic institutes using miRNA sequencing techniques
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. This is due to the growing healthcare infrastructure, significant targeted population, and high unmet clinical needs
- Advantages of miRNA Sequencing
- miRNAs as Critical Regulators of Health and Disease
- Rise in Prevalence of Cancer and Autoimmune Disorders
- Rise in Adoption of RNA Sequencing Protocols in Biotechnology Research
- Limitations Associated with Bioinformatic Analysis of MicroRNA Sequencing Data
- Efforts Taken to Optimize Mirna-Seq Data Processing
- Market Challenge Analysis
- Challenges Associated with The Validation and Prediction of miRNA Targetome
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology And Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
Chapter 4 Product & Service Business Analysis
Chapter 5 Technology Business Analysis
Chapter 6 Workflow Business Analysis
Chapter 7 Application Business Analysis
Chapter 8 End-use Business Analysis
Chapter 9 Regional Business Analysis
Chapter 10 Competitive Landscape
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- 2Illumina, Inc.
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Abcam plc
- New England Biolabs
- Takara Bio Inc.
- Lexogen GmbH
- Norgen Biotek Corp.
- Maravai Lifesciences
- Htg Molecular Diagnostics, Inc.
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- System Biosciences, LLC.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6j5k1b
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900