Phakic Intraocular Lenses Market is expected to reach US$ 819.5 Million by 2032
As per Future Market Insights’ latest analysis, the global phakic intraocular lenses (IOL) market reached US$ 344.4 Million in 2021. Sales are projected to grow at a 9.5% CAGR over the forecast period, with the market valuation reaching US$ 819.5 Million in 2032.
Patients with high ametropia or contraindications to laser refractive surgery are treated with phakic intraocular lenses (pIOLs). The key aspect that makes these lenses ideal for use in young adults seeking ocular prescription independence is the preservation of accommodation, as lens extraction is not required.
Request Sample Report@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-15128
Furthermore, as the number of people who are myopic has increased in recent years, this refractive correction option has become increasingly significant. Simultaneously, it is an important area of research in light of future estimates of the prevalence of simple myopia and, more importantly, severe myopia.
Although phakic intraocular lenses have some benefits over laser refractive surgery, such as reversibility, enhanced optical quality in high ametropias, and a wider range of correction, etc., it is important to remember that it is a surgical procedure with all of the risks that are associated with intraocular surgeries, including severe complications including endophthalmitis.
“Advances in excimer laser procedures have presented a gateway into the development of implantable intraocular lenses with effective vision correction outcomes. Such developments are anticipated to auger well for the market over the forecast period,” says an FMI analyst.
- Based on product type, the posterior chamber phakic IOL segment accounted for 68.0% of the total market share in 2021 and the trend is expected to continue through 2032.
- By indication, sales in the astigmatism segment will increase at a 8.5% CAGR over the assessment period.
- In terms of end user, the hospitals segment will remain most lucrative over the forecast period.
- The US is expected to lead the North America phakic intraocular lenses market over the assessment period.
- Demand in China is expected to grow at a 10.5% CAGR through 2032.
- Germany will emerge as a lucrative pocket, with sales rising at a 9.3% CAGR over the forecast period.
Request Discount@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/request-discount/rep-gb-15128
Key players are investing in research and development to offer patient-specific and indication-specific pIOLs to enhance procedural outcomes. They are also focusing on new product launch activities, licensing of product sales within a specific region, as well as regulations associated with new device development and manufacturing. For instance:
- In January 2019, owing to the high regulatory standards, precision and quality requirements in Germany and Japan, Star Surgical announced expanded recommended diopter range for their EVO Visian ICL in both the countries.
- In December 2019, Johnson & Johnson Vision announced the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval and U.S. launch of TECNIS Toric II 1-Piece Intraocular Lens (IOL).
Key Market Segments Covered in Phakic Intraocular Lenses Industry Research
- Posterior Chamber Phakic IOL
- Anterior Chamber Phakic IOL
By End User:
- Ophthalmology Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Report Customization available@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/customization-available/rep-gb-15128
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights, Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
Browse All Reports: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs