BMS - one of the best places to work (again)
SummaryBristol-Myers Squibb was named today as one of the 10 Best Companies for Working Mothers by Working Mother magazine. This is the eighth consecutive year that the company has been listed in the ranking of the 100 Best Companies, and the fifth year in a row Bristol-Myers Squibb has been named a Top 10 company.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Named one Of The 10 Best Companies For Working Mothers
Celebrates Fifth Consecutive Year on "Top 10" List
NEW YORK, NEW YORK (September 12, 2005) - Bristol-Myers Squibb was named today as one of the 10 Best Companies for Working Mothers by Working Mother magazine. This is the eighth consecutive year that the company has been listed in the ranking of the 100 Best Companies, and the fifth year in a row Bristol-Myers Squibb has been named a Top 10 company. Below is a statement by company Chief Executive Officer Peter R. Dolan:
"We remain committed to providing programs and opportunities that address the full spectrum of our employees' needs. Creating an environment in which our employees can achieve a healthy work-life balance is vital in today's society."
Bristol-Myers Squibb offers the following Work/Life programs to its employees:
- On-site child care centers, including summer care for school-aged children, at facilities in Hopewell, Lawrenceville and Plainsboro, New Jersey and Wallingford, Connecticut;
- Back-up care services for dependent children and adults;
- A free supply of Mead Johnson infant formula for a baby's first year of life;
- LifeWorks® One Source, a program designed to help employees with issues that affect their daily lives, including emotional well-being, work issues, addiction and recovery, legal and financial issues, education and elder care management;
- Flexible work arrangements, adoption/foster care leave and paternity leave;
- Adoption financial assistance; and
- Comprehensive older adult services, including onsite geriatric counseling and in-home assessments.
Further information about today's announcement by Working Mother magazine can be found at: www.workingmother.com
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global pharmaceutical and related health care products company whose mission is to extend and enhance human life.
Article Date: 09/12/2005