SMi’s 4th Annual Pharmaceutical Microbiology East Coast Conference
Conference: 28 – 29 April 2021
Workshops: 27 April 2021
Virtual Conference: Online Access Only
Chaired by: Lynne Ensor, Vice President, RCS Head of Global Compliance, Parexel
Biologic products require diligent microbial control because of their complex and sometimes growth-promoting manufacturing processes, and high-risk patient populations. The increase in complexity of pharmaceutical products, rise in development of biologics and increasingly stringent regulations for biologics are some of the factors that are driving the growth of the pharmaceutical microbiology market for biopharmaceutical products.
SMi Group invite all microbiologists to join the virtual conference to discuss Contamination Control Strategies, Effective Environmental Monitoring, and the newest schools of thought in personnel operation. Leaders in regulation and compliance will provide expert viewpoints on how to implement and interpret the regulation, in addition, Annex 1 will be assessed and debated.
The industrial microbiology market is made up of equipment and systems. The equipment comprises the filtration pumps & systems, microbial detection systems, air monitoring systems, incubators & culture apparatus, etc. This equipment is used in series of microbiological tests by the industry, where they play a vital role as they provide the ease in the testing procedure. In industrial microbiology test types, microbial tests are carried out to study the total viable count of the specific organism present in a solution.
The Microbiological industry continues to swell and is set to reach a Record CAGR of 7.1% Rise in Growth by 2024. The Global Clinical Microbiology Market is expected to reach USD 4.95 billion by 2023.
Event Hashtag: #SMiPharmaMicroEC
Highlights for 2021:
• EXPLORE the latest advancements in robust risk-based disinfection strategies for effective cleaning and microbe elimination
• INVESTIGATE the extensive and complex regulatory landscape alongside the regulators
• DELVE into recent case studies delivered by experts in microbial monitoring and contamination control programs
• ATTAIN expert tuition at the post-conference workshops in new quality risk management tools for contamination control and the latest revisions in the USP
• VIRTUAL CONFERENCE benefits include: virtual exhibition booths packed with information, networking features to discuss and share contact details with other attendees, and virtual meetings and networking socials
2 Interactive Pre-Conference Workshops on April 27, 2021
Workshop A: USP Microbiology 2021 – Keeping Up with Standards
Led by: Donald Singer, Microbiology Expert Committee Chair, US Pharmacopoeia
Workshop B: Quality Risk Management Tools for Contamination Control
Led by: Cheryl Essex, Head of Microbiological Control for Biologics, Sanofi and Jon Williams, Global Proactive Risk Manager, Sanofi
View the full agenda: http://ww.microbiologyeastcoast.com
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior Microbiologist, Lead Scientist, Laboratory Manager, QA Specialist, Drug Substance External Manufacturer, QC Scientists, Heads of Quality, Business Development Manager, Pharmaceutical Microbiology Consultant, Higher Pharmacopoeia Scientist, Analytical Standards Specialist