Proposed Placing and Subscription to raise a minimum of £5 million
Open Orphan plc (ORPH), a rapidly growing specialist pharmaceutical services company which has a focus on orphan drugs, with reference to its announcement of 20 January 2020, is pleased to announce a fundraising to raise a minimum of £5 million (before expenses) (the “Fundraising”) via a conditional placing of new Ordinary Shares (“Placing Shares”) at a price of 6.1 pence per new Ordinary Share (the “Issue Price”) to institutional and other investors (the “Placing”) and a subscription of new Ordinary Shares (“Subscription Shares”) at the Issue Price to institutional and other investors (the “Subscription”).
- The Group intends to conduct a conditional Placing and Subscription to raise a minimum of £5 million via the Placing of the Placing Shares at the Issue Price and Subscription of the Subscription Shares at the Issue Price.
- The Placing is to be conducted by way of an accelerated bookbuild process which will commence immediately following this Announcement and will be subject to the terms and conditions set out in Appendix I to this Announcement.
- The Company has conditionally raised approximately £1.0 million (before expenses) through the Subscription of 15,631,143 Subscription Shares.
- The proceeds of the Fundraising receivable by the Group will be used to fund the growth and synergies programme of the Group following completion of the Merger of Open Orphan and hVIVO (the “Merger”).
- The Issue Price represents a premium of approximately 0.8 per cent. to the closing mid-market price on 30 January 2020, being the latest practicable date before this Announcement.
- The Fundraising has been underwritten up to £2.5 million by Raglan Capital Limited, an entity controlled by Cathal Friel. Cathal Friel also intends to participate in the Placing.
- Admission of the Placing Shares and Subscription Shares (the “Fundraising Shares”) to trading on AIM and Euronext Growth (“Admission”) is expected to occur no later than 8.00 a.m. on 6 February 2020 or such later time and/or date as Arden, Davy and the Group agree (being in any event no later than 8.00 a.m. on 28 February 2020).
Cathal Friel, Executive Chairman of Open Orphan commented:
“The Fundraising of £5 million will be used to fund the growth and synergies programme of the business and provide balance sheet strength to convert a strong pipeline of proposals with hVIVO. We are excited by the potential of the combined businesses, which we believe is positioned for profitability, and can deliver substantial returns for our shareholders.”
- Open Orphan plc
- Open Orphan plc