Donate now to support local Coronavirus charities - every £1 you give will be doubled (up to £100,000)!
Newbury, Berkshire, 24th March 2020 – Local charity Greenham Trust will match any donations made by the public and local businesses via its online appeal up to a huge sum of £100,000! This will generate a fund of £200,000 to be distributed through local charitable and voluntary organisations that are offering support to the elderly and vulnerable people.
The emergency fund will go to help those charities and volunteer organisations supporting those most urgently in need including:
- Helping elderly or vulnerable people or people with chronic underlying health conditions or diseases in self-isolation or quarantine who need access to food, medicines or social care
- Providing more support for Foodbanks
- Increasing the number of meals on wheels deliveries to support the elderly
- Providing financial, employment and debt advice
- Giving counselling, suicide prevention and mental health support for those who have for example lost their jobs, are grieving or are in crisis
- Supporting those who are homeless or in temporary accommodation
Every penny of every donation, no matter how small, will go directly to the charities that are providing the much-needed support, so please give what you can.
Donate via The Good Exchange here: app.thegoodexchange.com/project/17994/greenham-trust/greenham-trust-coronavirus-emergency-appeal