Gluconolactone Market Projected to Witness a Measurable Downturn; COVID-19 Outbreak Remains a Threat to Growth in the Near Future
finds Future Market Insights in a recent study. The gradual shift in consumers’ lifestyle and dietary patterns over past few years has brought about noticeable changes in the food industry. Consumers have become pickier about their food choices. Furthermore, the rising demand for preserved food such as meat has stimulated the demand in the gluconolactone market. Gluconolactone uses are plenty. For instance it is one of the more preferred ingredients used in energy drinks. This has increased the use of gluconolactone in cosmetics, skincare, besides food and beverages industry. Spurred by these factors, the gluconolactone market size will increase in the coming years.
Key Takeaways from the Gluconolactone Market Study
- As, there is limited production of gluconolactone, leading manufacturers are now focusing on strengthening their distribution and supply base in the global market in order to assure products are easily available to their target customers.
- Among various end-use segments, the usage of food (tofu, meat products, etc.) and energy drinks is the most common. Owing to the increasing usage of flavouring agent in food in fruit juices, honey and wine as well as to lower the pH of dressing sauces is a one of the significant reason propelling the demand of gluconolactone market across the globe.
- According to the report, several manufacturers are expanding their global presence through collaboration and acquisition of major regional as well as domestic-level players, in order to expand its gluconolactone market across the globe. This is intended to expand their product offering and product portfolio along with increasing numbers of manufacturing facilities. Currently manufactures are investing in research and development activities to boost their manufacturing capabilities in its targeted region and country.
Rising Application in Pharmaceutical and Food Industries Boosts Growth
For More Detailed Insights on Gluconolactone Market Request a sample
On the backdrop of increasing pharmaceutical and food industry the gluconolactone market is anticipated to grow in the forthcoming years. Few years back, gluconolactone containing products such as, Red Bull, were banned in some European countries including France, Norway, and other Scandinavian countries. Since 2008, France has lifted its ban on Red Bull, and the product has appeared on the shelves of the supermarkets. The household spending of consumers in these countries is well above the developing countries and consumption of energy drinks and other beverages is higher. Due the lifting of the ban, the consumption on Red Bull, promising growth opportunities are created and the demand for gluconolactone is increasing.
Who is winning?
Some of the market players profiled in the report are Hubei Yitai Pharmaceutical Co.Ltd., Shaoxing Marina Biotechnology Co.Ltd., Merck Millipore Corporation, Foodchem International Corporation, Anhui Fubore Pharmaceutical & Chemical Co.Ltd., Jungbunzlauer, Roquette Frères, Shandong Fuyuan Bio-Tech CO.LTD., Shandong Xinhong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Shandong Baisheng Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Red Bull GmbH, Rockstar, Inc., Monster Energy, 25.4. Living Essentials Marketing, LLC, LiveLong Nutrition, and Serious Nutrition Solution and others. Several leading market players are acquiring smaller businesses to expand their footprint and product portfolio. Besides this, acquisition often allows them to gain competitive advantage.
- In 2018, Roquette Frères acquired Crest Cellulose, which is a leading manufacturer of pharmaceutical excipients. The size of Roquette Frères pharmaceutical market was ~US$ 33 billion in 2017 and it is anticipated to grow by 10% per year. Moreover, the company also expanded ‘Beauté by Roquette®’ product offering for the cosmetics market with the launch of innovative plant- based ingredients.
- In 2014, Merck Millipore Corporation acquired Sigma-Aldrich for US$140 per share in order to expand its global reach and increasing company presence in North America and adding exposures to in Asian Markets in its attractive life science industry.
Get Valuable Insights into Fish Powder Market
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the global gluconolactone market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period from 2019-2029. The study divulges compelling insights on the gluconolactone market based on the source (synthetic and non-synthetic), grade (97%-100% and 100%-102%) and end – use (Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Energy Drinks, Food (tofu, meat products, etc.) across seven region.
About Food & Beverages division of FMI
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the Food & Beverages team at FMI helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analyzed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 100+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research of the global food & beverage market and consulting services; know how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Mr. Abhishek Budholiya
Future Market Insights
616 Corporate Way, Suite 2-9018,
Valley Cottage, NY 10989,
T (UK): + 44 (0) 20 7692 8790
Press Office: Press@futuremarketinsights.com