Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers Tighten their Grip on Protein A Resin Market
The global protein A resin market is likely to witness a CAGR of 8.2% through 2030, according to a report by market research firm Future Market Insights.
The need for proper treatments pertaining to infectious diseases, cardiovascular diseases, various types of cancer, and metabolic diseases stands highly unmet across the globe.
This need is driving the production and development of monoclonal antibodies, and also as they are biologically and chemically diverse, selective, tolerable, safe, potent and highly effective, and less toxic.
According to FMI’s analysis, antibodies have an advantage of not accumulating on tissues to a greater extent. The increase in research regarding mAbs is likely to boost the protein A resin market in the forecast period.
Besides, the first generation mAbs are suffering from ligand leaching and are soluble in alkaline solutions. To get over these issues, the protein A resin market players are coming up with next generation protein A resins that are insoluble in alkalis and also have low ligand leaching.
One such next generation protein A resin is “Eshmuno A” by Merck. MabSelect SuRe is another such protein A-derived BioProcess resin.
Key Takeaways from Protein A Resin Marker Study
- Natural protein A resin is expected to generate maximum revenue share over the forecast period. Antibody purification held the largest market share in 2019
- Amongst the end-users, biopharmaceutical manufacturers held the largest market share in 2019.
- North America and Europe collectively held more than 75% of market share in 2019 while the South Asian region is expected to show greater growth potential over the forecast period.
“Launch of advanced versions of protein A products coupled with monoclonal antibodies’ broad therapeutic application is driving the protein A resin market” says an Analyst
Expansion: Key Strategic Focus of Protein A Resin Market Players
The protein A resin market players are focusing on product expansion across diverse geographies to make their presence felt. A few of them include:
- GenScript has its “GenScript Protein A Resin” wherein recombinant protein A ligand has been coupled to 4% agarose. The basic objective of this coupling is providing high binding capacity to immunoglobulins. The basic advantage of protein A resin is that its static binding capacity is greater by 20 mg human lgG/ml settled resin.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. have their Affi-Prep protein A resin that ensures selective removal of IgG from the serum. It also facilitates antigen purification by adsorption of immune complexes.
- Protein A Sepharose CL-4B is a well-documented, trusted affinity resin with respect to immunoprecipitation procedures.
Competitive Landscape of Protein A Resin Market
The global market is set to broaden its scope in the forecast period, stimulated by rising number of clinical trials for antibody-centric therapeutics globally and adoption of natural protein A resins products for drug discovery and is often used during drug approval process.
In addition to this, cost-effectiveness and rise in alternate methods for purification of monoclonal antibodies has augmented the sales of protein A resin.
The key market players covered by FMI include General Electric Company, REPLIGEN CORPORATION, Merck Millipore, Tosoh Bioscience, GenScript, Novasep, Expedeon Ltd. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. consolidating their positions through mergers, acquisitions and new product launches.
Want more insights?
Future Market Insights brings the comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2015 to 2030. The global protein A resin market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader. The study provide compelling insights on protein A resin market on basis of product type in detail cover every aspects of the market such as natural protein A resin and recombinant protein A resin, Matrix Type (Agarose Based Matrix, Glass or Silica based, Organic Polymer based), Application (Immunoprecipitation, Antibody Purification) and end users (Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers, Clinical Research Laboratories and Academic Institutes) across seven major regions.
Mr. Abhishek Budholiya
Future Market Insights
616 Corporate Way, Suite 2-9018,
Valley Cottage, NY 10989,
T (UK): + 44 (0) 20 7692 8790
Press Office: Press@futuremarketinsights.com