Worldwide Retort Pouch Packaging Industry to 2025 - Food Industry will Hold a Substantial Market Share - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Retort Pouch Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, Forecasts (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The retort pouch packaging market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.61% during the forecast period from 2020 to 2025.
- Amcor PLC
- Constantia Flexibles
- Coveris Holdings SA
- Flair Flexible Packaging Corporation
- Mondi PLC
- Tetra Pak International SA
- Sonoco Product Company
- Clifton Packaging Group Limited
- Clondalkin Industries BV
- Alpha Pack Pvt. Ltd
- Proampac LLC
- Winpak Limited
Key Market Trends
Food Industry will Hold the Substantial Market Share
- The food industry is one of the primary end-user for this market. For food products, retort pouch packaging is primarily used for ready to eat meals, meat (beef, pork, chicken), seafood (tuna, shrimp, salmon, mackerel, mussels, salmon, etc.) sauces, pasta dishes, rice, baby food, fruits and vegetables, organic and frozen food. This unique form of packaging for food helps in enhancing flexibility and preserving it from contaminants, which are likely to boost the growth of this market.
- As per the data of the US Department of Agriculture, the volume of cold storage of frozen red meat amounted to 1101.5 million pounds in FY2019. In comparison, foods like frozen potatoes and frozen poultry amounted to 1155.93 million pounds and 1,212.92 million pounds, respectively.
- Retort pouches are considered to be one of the most convenient packaging solutions for dairy and yogurt for out -of -home consumption. Companies and dairies are, hence, developing and using packaged pouches with creative lidding to gain consumers' attraction. For instance, Amcor launched AmLite Ultra Recyclable retorted pouch, which is more sustainable. its high barrier laminate can package a range of food and pharmaceutical products that can be recycled easily.
- Moreover, the increasing consumption of baked food is also influencing the growth of this market. According to the United States Department of Agriculture, the consumption of baked goods in India reached 3.07 million metric tons in FY2019. Additionally, the demand for online packed food is also driving the growth of this market. It also enables the availability of such foods off the shelf. These pouches also can be vacuum packed, which can be used for products, like smoked seafood.
Asia Pacific is one of the Fastest Growing Region for this Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to be one of the prominent markets for retort pouches owing to the increasing demand for greater convenience in food, beverage, packaging solutions. Moreover, China's rapid economic development and an increase in the standard of living have created a significant demand for Retort Pouch packaging.
- Moreover, according to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, In 2019, the food industry in China generated operating revenue of about CNY 8.12 trillion. With increasing urbanization, changes in lifestyles, and growing annual disposable income, demand for processed food is expected to grow, which would lead to higher demand for Retort Pouch packaging.
- India has witnessed sustainable packaging growth owing to the increase of packaged food consumption and awareness, and demand for quality products. As per the data of the Packaging Industry Association of India (PIAI), the sector is growing at 22 -25% per annum.
- Moreover, the FMCG sector in South Korea is expected to further bolster the demand for flexible solutions, such as retort pouches by ensuring wide adoption in the food & beverage sector. Moreover, the demand for lighter forms of packaging and greater ease of use are expected to drive the growth of retort pouches, which, in turn, may become the asset for the overall packaging market in the country.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Force Analysis
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Global Retort Pouch Market
4.5 Market Drivers
4.5.1 Innovations in Food and Beverages Packaging
4.5.2 Increasing Demand for Convenience and Ready-to-eat Food
4.6 Market Restraint
4.6.1 Lack of High-speed Filling Equipment
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Stand-up Pouch
5.1.2 Flat Pouch
5.2.3 Aluminum Foil
5.2.4 Cast Polypropylene Film
5.2.7 Other Materials
5.3.4 Pet Food
5.3.5 Other End Users
5.4.1 North America
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qoj5i1
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900