Global Arthroscopy Market Analysis & Forecasts to 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Arthroscopy Market Analysis, By Type By Application By End Use, Forecasts to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
High cases of sports injuries, rising geriatric population, and the launch of technologically advanced tools and devices are the key factors contributing to the market growth in the forecast period.
Global Arthroscopy Market was valued at USD 4.13 Billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 7.20 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.3%.
The study covers the genre of healthcare, with a particular focus on medical devices for arthroscopy. Arthroscopy is a surgical procedure that orthopedics use to diagnose, visualize, and treat several problems of the joints. It is applicable to the knee, shoulder, wrist, hip, spine, and temporomandibular joints. Unlike the traditional open surgeries, arthroscopy does not need to fully open the joints. Originally, arthroscopy was designed simply as a visualizing and diagnosis machine.
However, with the rising technological advancements, arthroscopy was promoted from being a procedure to being a surgery. The tools and devices required for this surgery include arthroscopes, grasping tools, implants, shavers, and fiber optics. A shift in people's preference for less painful and less invasive surgeries has been fueling the arthroscopic market growth.
An increase in the geriatric population with arthritis problems has been a key driving factor for the market growth. However, the high cost of surgery and lack of skilled surgeons, especially in developing and under-developed countries, have been a few of the major restraining factors.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The rising cases of sports injuries, osteoarthritis, bone cancer, etc. have been vital factors boosting the market growth.
- Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgery. The rising preference of people for minimally invasive surgeries has been a key driving factor for the market growth.
- With the rising technological advancements and the launch of new integrated devices and tools, the medical authorities are further encouraged to opt for this market.
- Enhanced healthcare tourism further fuels the growth of the market. For instance, the U.S. Healthcare tourism initiatives by the government through packages and deals inclusive of post-operative follow-up and easier visa approval are expected to propel market growth over the forecast period.
- Many manufacturers and medical institutions are working on digitalization and are expected to take the digital leap in the near future to offer customized operation theaters that standardize and utilize imaging components. These operation theaters are expected to integrate power instruments, fluid management systems, endoscopes, and cameras. Digital ORs are anticipated to gain popularity due to the reduced turnover time.
- However, the high costs of the surgery discourage a large chunk of the population that opts for this surgery. This is a major restraining factor for the market. However, the rising insurance facilities and financial aids provided by the government have brought a significant change.
- North America dominates the market with the largest market share due to the rising incidents of sports injuries among the population and the presence of advanced technological facilities. Europe, on the other hand, has the second-largest share in the market and is expected to rise at a CAGR of 6%. Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing region with a CAGR of 7.2% due to the rising technological developments and the increasing number of patients with health problems in emerging economies.
- Key players in the market include Stryker, Arthex Inc., DePuy Synthes Co., Arthrotek Inc., Smith & Nephew, and ConMed Corp. Arthex Inc. is the leading manufacturer of arthroscopes and implants. Stryker and DePuy Synthes are the leading manufacturers of arthroscopy shavers.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018-2026
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
3.1. Rising prevalence of sports injuries
3.2. Rise in geriatric population
Chapter 4. Arthroscopy Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Arthroscopy Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Arthroscopy Market Value Chain Analysis, 2016-2026
4.3. Regulatory framework
4.4. Arthroscopy Market Impact Analysis
4.4.1. Market driver analysis
22.214.171.124. Technological advancements
4.4.2. Market restraint analysis
126.96.36.199. High costs
4.5. Key opportunities prioritized
4.6. Arthroscopy Pricing Analysis
4.7. Industry analysis - Porter's
4.8. Arthroscopy PESTEL Analysis
Chapter 5. Arthroscopy Market By Product Type Insights & Trends
5.1. Arthroscopy Type dynamics & Market Share, 2018 & 2026
5.4. Arthroscopic shavers
5.5. Visualization Systems
5.6. Fluid Management
5.7. Radio Devices
Chapter 6. Arthroscopy Market By Application Insights & Trends
6.1. Arthroscopy Application dynamics & Market Share, 2018 & 2026
6.7. Temporomandibular joints
Chapter 7. Arthroscopy Market By End Use Insights & Trends
7.1. Arthroscopy Application dynamics & Market Share, 2018 & 2026
7.2. Ambulatory Surgical Centers and Clinics
Chapter 8. Arthroscopy Market Regional Outlook
8.1. Arthroscopy Market share by region, 2018 & 2026
Chapter 9. Competitive Landscape
9.1. Market Revenue Share by Manufacturers
9.2. Manufacturing Cost Breakdown Analysis
9.3. Mergers & Acquisitions
9.4. Strategy Benchmarking
9.5. Vendor Landscape
Chapter 10. Company Profiles
- Arthex Inc.
- DePuy Synthes Co.
- Arthrotek Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
- ConMed Corp.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/56fqsb
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900