Global HIV Drugs Market (2020 to 2027) - by Medication Class, Non-nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors and HIV Integrase Strand Transfer Inhibitors - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global HIV Drugs Market By Medication Class, Non-nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors and HIV Integrase Strand Transfer Inhibitors: Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global HIV drugs market was valued at $30,891.48 million in 2019, and is expected to reach $36,495.47 million by 2027, registering a CAGR of 3.8% from 2020 to 2027.
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) attacks the body's immune system, leading to complete damage of the system and making the host system susceptible to infection. The virus attacks the CD4 cells, whose primary role is to help the immune system defend infections, thus destroying the first line of defense of the human body and exposing the person to various infections. HIV is one of the most alarming and widespread diseases globally. The major route of transmission of HIV infection is through unprotected sex, use of contaminated needles, breast milk of HIV-infected mother to child, and infected blood.
The global HIV drugs market is bifurcated into medication class and region. On the basis of medication class, the market is classified into multi-class combination drugs, nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs), non Onucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs), protease inhibitors (PIs), entry inhibitors, and HIV integrase strand transfer inhibitors. In the medication class, the multi-class combination drugs segment holds the largest market share as it involves the most advanced technique used for the treatment of HIV infection. Furthermore, this is attributed to the increase in adoption of drugs from this medication class, owing to their better results in the control of HIV & related co-infections and their ease in consumption & adherence.
Based on region, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America accounted for the largest market share in 2015, owing to increase in the number of HIV-infected individuals, advancement in HIV treatment, and rise in government funding for R&D for drug manufacturing. In addition, Asia-Pacific is expected to emerge with the maximum growth potential due to the focus of key players on emerging economies, mainly on the health of people with effective treatment for different diseases and rise in incidence of HIV infection.
- The study provides in-depth analysis of the market along with the current trends and future estimations to explain the imminent investment pockets.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2019 to 2027, which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key market players and their strategies have been analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
- Increase in Number of HIV Infected Patients Worldwide
- Initiatives Taken by Various Government Associations to Raise Awareness About Diagnosis and Management of HIV/Aids
- Introduction of Generic Drugs of HIV Drugs
- Stringent Regulatory Requirements for the Approval and Commercialization of HIV Drugs
- Increasing Number of Products in the Pipeline
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- GalaxoSmithKline plc. (ViiV Healthcare)
- Johnson & Johnson
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/k4z1ef
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900