Gel Permeation Chromatography Market is Expected To Generate Huge Profits of US$ 1.6 Billion with CAGR of 7.0% over the forecast period (2017-2025)
Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Gel Permeation Chromatography Market – The Exclusive Exclusion Technique
Gel permeation chromatography is size exclusion technique used for separation and categorization of polymers. It is an exclusive technique to perform polymer characterization, in order to evaluate the molecular weight distribution of an analyte. Polymer profiling is important as it affects physical properties such as brittleness, elasticity, and toughness in its end use. Gel permeation chromatography system is based on principle that different component shows different affinity towards stationary phase (column packing material). Smaller component gets trapped in the pores of the packing material therefore, these show high retention time. On the other hand, larger component in analyte surpasses stationary phase without much affinity, and therefore has lower retention time. Based on this data, processing unit shows varying peaks on display according to which cauterization and separation of the analyte can be done. Gel permeation chromatography system consists of various components such as pump system, injector system, columns, detectors, and data proceeding systems.
The global gel permeation chromatography system was valued at US$ 929.2 million in 2016 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.0% over the forecast period (2017-2025).
A sample of this report is available upon request @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/28
Figure 1. Global Gel Permeation Chromatography Market (US$ Mn), by Region, 2016
Source: Coherent Market Insights (2018)
Increasing research and development by pharmaceutical and biotech companies in chronic disease is expected to propel growth of the gel permeation chromatography market
Increasing research and development activities by pharmaceutical and biotech companies across the globe, targeting chronic diseases such as cancer to develop novel therapies are expected to fuel growth of the market over the forecast period. These novel therapies are protein (natural polymer) based therapies which includes CAR-T cell therapy, antibody-drug conjugates, and immune check point inhibitors. For instance, according to report in 2017 by International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations, research based pharmaceutical and biotech companies annually invest around US$ 149 billion on research and development. Moreover, over 7,000 molecule are under investigation, out of which around 2,000 candidate are for cancer. Therefore, separation and characterization of new chemical entity, which are polymer-based is possible efficiently with gel permeation chromatography is expected to drive growth of the market over the forecast period. Moreover, most of these drug under investigation are in preclinical study, which consists of studying structure and component of new chemical entity, which demands GPC system. However, cost associated with gel permeation chromatography system and its component is high, which limits use of instrument in academic institutes except pharmaceutical companies. Other analytical instruments are such as LC-MS are more widely used, due to large number application, which is expected to hinder growth of gel permeation chromatography market.
Tailored Information as per niche requirement:
LIMITED TIME OFFER – Hurry Up!
Get Discount For Buyers UPTO 30% OFF On Any Research Report
Apply Promo Code “CMIFIRST1000” And Get Instant Discount Of USD 1000
Buy Now This Premium Report to Grow your Business @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/28
Regulatory approvals for use of novel excipients (Polymers) is expected to drive growth of the gel permeation chromatography market
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies widely use polymers as excipient (binder, diluent, coating agents, suspending agent, viscosity agent, and disintegrant) to produce variety of dosage form. There is increasing use of natural polymers instead of synthetic due to inertness, low cost, and higher acceptability of consumers towards natural polymers. Various natural polymers that were launched from different manufacturers include Solutol HS 15, Soluplus, Kollicoat Smartseal 30 D, Polyplasdone Ultra, and Prosolv ODT. However, before using polymers in formulation, end user (pharmaceutical and biotech companies) has to be confident about quality of polymers used as excipients. USFDA demands Quality by Design in manufacturing the formulations (non-adherence otherwise leads to product recalls). Therefore companies have to characterize these polymers for quality parameters. This needs efficient GPC systems. Moreover, companies have to adhere to ICH guideline (M4Q), which requires novel excipients to characterize their functionality and physicochemistry.
Key Takeaways of the Gel Permeation Chromatography Market:
- The global gel permeation chromatography market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.0% over the forecast period, owing to growth in research and development on novel therapies and stringent regulations (e.g. Quality by Design protocol by US FDA) on the use of synthetic excipients.
- Among product type, gel permeation chromatography system was the dominant segment in 2016. This is owing to utility of the integrated systems in day-to-day polymer analysis. Also, it is important to profile novel polymer used as excipient or as novel drug candidate. It offers excellent sensitivity at relatively low sample analyte due advanced multidetectors systems. Amongst end users, pharmaceutical and biotech companies segment exhibited high growth, due to high demand for polymers analysis on routine basis.
- North America is estimated to be the dominant market in global gel permeation chromatography market in 2017. This is due to high research and development and regulatory needs, for instance according to Pharmaceutical and Manufacturer Association report in 2017, companies in U.S. spends annually US$ 75 billion on research and development. On the other hand, Asia Pacific is important emerging market for major players, due to increasing research activity, manufacturing base, and CRO’s present in these regions. According to report by International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturer and Association in 2017, emerging countries in Asia-Pacific would have invest 25% by 2020 from 23% in 2015 in pharmaceutical R&D. Asia region added gross value of US$ 154 billion from US$ 148 billion in global pharmaceutical industry.
- Some of the major players operating in the global gel permeation chromatography market include Agilent technologies, Waters Corporation, Malvern Panalytical, Shimadzu Corporation, Tosoh Corporation, Polymer Char, Thermo Fisher, and Potsnova Analytics.
View Press Release For More Information @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/press-release/gel-permeation-chromatography-market-to-surge-beyond-us-16-billion-by-2025-156
- Global Gel Permeation Chromatography Market, By Product Type:
- Gel Permeation Chromatography System
- Global Gel Permeation Chromatography Market, By End User:
- Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies
- Research Institutes
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions. We are headquartered in India, having office at global financial capital in the U.S. and sales consultants in United Kingdom and Japan. Our client base includes players from across various business verticals in over 150 countries worldwide. We pride ourselves in catering to clients across the length and width of the horizon, from Fortune 500 enlisted companies, to not-for-profit organization, and startups looking to establish a foothold in the market. We excel in offering unmatched actionable market intelligence across various industry verticals, including chemicals and materials, healthcare, and food & beverages, consumer goods, packaging, semiconductors, software and services, Telecom, and Automotive. We offer syndicated market intelligence reports, customized research solutions, and consulting services.
To know more about us, please visit our website – www.coherentmarketinsights.com
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave, #3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.
United States of America: +1-206-701-6702
United Kingdom: +44-020-8133-4027
- CDN Newswire