2021 Multiple System Atrophy Market to 2030 - Insight, Epidemiology and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) Market Insight, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030" drug pipelines has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report deliver an in-depth understanding of the MSA, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the MSA market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
The MSA market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted 7MM MSA market size from 2017 to 2030. The Report also covers current MSA treatment practices, market drivers, market barriers, unmet medical needs, SWOT analysis to curate the best of the opportunities, and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
There is no specific treatment for MSA. Treatment is aimed at controlling the symptoms of the disease with the help of supportive therapies (physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy) and treatment of autonomic symptoms. Drugs that are used to treat people with Parkinson's disease, most notably levodopa, may also be prescribed for individuals with MSA. However, the effectiveness of such medications varies significantly among affected individuals. In many cases, individuals do not respond or respond poorly to such therapy. Approximately one-third of affected individuals respond to levodopa therapy. However, in most cases, the effectiveness of this therapy decreases over time. In addition, these drugs must be used with caution because they may lower blood pressure.
Certain medications are designed to treat certain symptoms. There are some medications for MSA, which primarily lessen orthostatic hypotension, parkinsonism, urinary incontinence, urinary retention, constipation, and erectile dysfunction.
- Chelsea Therapeutics/Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
- Biohaven Pharmaceuticals
- Theravance Biopharma
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Zambon SpA
- The market size of MSA in the 7MM was USD 81.41 million in 2017.
- In 2017, the market size of MSA in the US was USD 39.63 million.
- Among the EU-5 countries, Italy has the highest market size of USD 5.84 million followed by Germany and the UK. The lowest market size was estimated in Spain with USD 2.89 million in 2017.
- Of the emerging therapies, Verdiperstat (AZD 3241; BHV-3241): Biohaven Pharmaceuticals and Ampreloxetine (TD-9855): Theravance Biopharma are expected to enter the market in the 7MM, during the forecast period [2020-2030]. Among these therapies, Verdiperstat is a disease-modifying therapy so it is expected to generate a major market share. This drug is expected to launch in the year 2022 in the US and 2023 in the EU-5 and Japan market.
- Another therapy Ampreloxetine (TD-9855) is expected to enter in 2023 in the US and 2024 in the EU-5 and Japan market. This drug will compete with an already approved drug (Droxidopa) for neurogenic orthostatic hypotension, due to its high safety profile and once-daily doses, it is anticipated to capture a decent market share in the upcoming years.
- The market size of MSA in Japan was USD 19.14 million in 2017.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of MSA, explaining its signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, and currently available therapies.
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the MSA epidemiology and treatment.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for MSA is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of the MSA market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering the 7MM drug outreach.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the 7MM MSA market.
Reasons to Buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the MSA.
- To understand the future market competition in the MSA market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for MSA in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the MSA market.
- To understand the future market competition in the MSA market.
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ent6ra
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900