Global Medical Device Batteries Market (2020 to 2030) - Focus on Implants and Wearable Medical Devices - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Medical Device Batteries: Focus on Implants and Wearable Medical Devices - Market Distribution by Battery Chemistry, Rechargeability, Application and Key Geographies: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2020-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report features an extensive study of the current market landscape and future potential of medical device batteries, focusing on implants and wearable medical devices, over the next decade. The study features an in-depth analysis of the key drivers and trends related to this domain.
The medical devices market currently represents a sizeable segment of the healthcare industry. Driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic disorders as well as the technological advancements in this domain, the market is projected to continue its growth at a commendable pace over the coming years.
According to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH), there are currently around 175,000 types of medical devices in the US market alone. In fact, since 2019, close to 55 medical devices have been approved by the USFDA and over 7,000 clinical trials focused on medical devices have been registered worldwide. The exponential growth in wearable medical devices and implants, such as hearing aids, implantable cardiac defibrillators, infusion pumps, neurostimulators and pacemakers, has led to an increase in demand for safe, compact, light-weight and high energy density batteries with better cycle life.
Despite the numerous advantages offered by the batteries, including backup power, portability and user-comfort, safety concerns related to premature battery depletion (leading to malfunctioning of the medical device), release of heat when overcharged or exposed to high temperatures and toxicity due to electrolyte leakage may present some impediments in the growth of the global medical batteries market.
Key Questions Answered
- What kind of batteries are currently available/under development for different types of medical devices?
- Who are the leading developers of medical device batteries, focused on implantable and wearable medical devices?
- What are the key applications of medical device batteries in the modern healthcare industry?
- Who are the most likely partners for medical device battery developers?
- How is the intellectual property landscape in this field likely to evolve in the foreseen future?
- What are the factors that are likely to influence the market's evolution?
- How is the current and future opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
Key Topics Covered:
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. MEDICAL DEVICE BATTERIES
3.1. Chapter Overview
3.2. Overview of Batteries
3.3. Types of Batteries Used in Medical Devices
3.4. Role of Batteries in Healthcare
3.5. Batteries used in Implants and Wearable Medical Devices
3.6. Concluding Remarks
4. MARKET LANDSCAPE
4.1. Chapter Overview
4.2. Medical Device Batteries: Overall Market Landscape
4.3. Medical Device Batteries: List of Developers
5. PRODUCT COMPETITIVENESS ANALYSIS
5.1. Chapter Overview
5.2. Assumptions and Methodology
6. COMPANY PROFILES: MEDICAL DEVICE BATTERY DEVELOPERS IN NORTH AMERICA
7. COMPANY PROFILES: MEDICAL DEVICE BATTERY DEVELOPERS IN EUROPE
8. COMPANY PROFILES: MEDICAL DEVICE BATTERY DEVELOPERS IN ASIA PACIFIC
9. LIKELY PARTNERS ANALYSIS
9.1. Chapter Overview
9.2. Types of Battery Operated Wearable Medical Devices
9.3. Potential Strategic Partners for Medical Device Battery Developers
10. PATENT ANALYSIS
10.1. Chapter Overview
10.2. Scope and Methodology
10.3. Medical Device Batteries: Patent Analysis
10.4. Medical Device Batteries: Benchmarking Patent Analysis
10.5. Medical Device Batteries: Patent Valuation Analysis
10.6. Leading Patents by Number of Citations
11. MARKET SIZING AND OPPORTUNITY ANALYSIS
11.1. Chapter Overview
11.2. Forecast Methodology and Key Assumptions
11.3 Overall Medical Device Batteries Market, 2020-2030
11.3.1 Medical Device Batteries Market, 2020-2030: Distribution by Battery Chemistry
11.3.2. Medical Device Batteries Market, 2020-2030: Distribution by Type of Device
11.3.3. Medical Device Batteries Market, 2020-2030: Distribution by Rechargeability
11.3.4 Medical Device Batteries Market, 2020-2030: Distribution by Application
11.3.5 Medical Device Batteries Market, 2020-2030: Geographical Distribution
220.127.116.11. Medical Device Batteries Market in North America, 2020-2030
18.104.22.168. Medical Device Batteries Market in Europe, 2020-2030
22.214.171.124. Medical Device Batteries Market in Asia Pacific, 2020-2030
126.96.36.199. Medical Device Batteries Market in Latin America, 2020-2030
188.8.131.52. Medical Device Batteries Market in Middle East and North Africa, 2020-2030
184.108.40.206. Medical Device Batteries Market in Rest of the World, 2020-2030
12. CONCLUDING REMARKS
13. EXECUTIVE INSIGHTS
14. APPENDIX 1: TABULATED DATA
15. APPENDIX 2: LIST OF COMPANIES AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Advanced Bionics
- ArKal Medical
- Beijing KSH Technology Institute
- Beijing PINS Medical
- Bigfoot Biomedical
- Blue Spark Technologies
- Bone Life
- Boston Scientific
- Cardiac Pacemakers
- Chuangling Cardiac Rhythm Man Medical Equipment (Shanghai)
- City Labs
- Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science & Technology
- Dongguan Xinjieneng Intelligent Equipment
- Draeger Medical Systems
- And Many More Companies!
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/107q46
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900