Global Self-Monitoring Blood Glucose Devices Market (2020 to 2027) - by Product, Application, and End-user - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Self-Monitoring Blood Glucose Devices Market by Product, Application, and End User: Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global self-monitoring blood glucose devices market was valued at $8,490. 79 million in 2019, and is projected to reach $11,991. 98 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4. 2% from 2020 to 2027. Diabetes is a clinical condition where a person has an elevated blood glucose level caused due to inefficiency of pancreases to produce insulin. Glucose monitoring is one of the essential steps towards diabetes management by testing the glucose levels in blood.
Monitoring of blood glucose provides important data for patients to make daily management decisions such as food intake, insulin dose, and physical exercise. Self-monitoring blood glucose (SMBG) is a modern diabetes management procedure, which involves usage of blood glucose meters by patients to check their glucose levels quickly and provide an accurate measure of capillary glucose concentration. SMBG technology uses test strips, lancets, and blood glucose meters to achieve long-term glycemic control.
Factors such as increase in incidence rate of diabetes and The rise in risk factors that lead to diabetes are the key factors driving the growth of the global self-monitoring blood glucose devices market. Moreover, technological advancements in the field of diabetes monitoring devices and The rise in geriatric population boost the market growth. However, blood glucose monitoring devices do not measure the exact level of glucose in blood and can give inaccurate results, which hamper the market growth. Conversely, high growth potential in untapped markets and The rise in awareness about diabetes monitoring devices are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the global market in the near future.
The self-monitoring blood glucose devices market is segmented into product, application, end user, and region. Depending on product, the market is divided into test strips, lancets, and blood glucose meters. The applications covered in the study include 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and gestational diabetes. On the basis of end user, the market is fragmented into hospitals, home settings, and diagnostic centers. Region wise, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends from 2019 to 2027 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Self-monitoring blood glucose devices market size and market estimations are based on comprehensive analysis of the key developments in the industry.
- In-depth analysis based on region assists to understand the regional market and the strategic business planning.
- The development strategies adopted by key manufacturers are enlisted to understand the competitive scenario of the market.
- Increase in the Incidence Rate of Diabetes
- The Rise in Geriatric Population
- Technological Advancements in Diabetes Monitoring Devices
- The Rise in Risk Factors That Lead to Diabetes
- Inaccurate Results
- Increase in Awareness for Diabetes Monitoring Devices
- Untapped Market Opportunities in the Developing Regions
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bionime Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- LifeScan IP Holdings, LLC
- PHC Holdings Corporation
- Terumo Corporation
- Trividia Health, Inc. (Sinocare Inc. )
- ARKRAY, Inc.
- Ypsomed Holding AG
- Apex Biotechnology Corp.
- Beurer GmbH
- Dariohealth Corp.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/de79cu
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900