Medidata Thought Leaders Discuss the Future of Clinical Trials at 2021 SCOPE Annual Meeting
Medidata experts share insights on:
- Virtualization of clinical trials
- Artificial intelligence and real-world data
- COVID-19 challenges and solutions
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in clinical trials
- Risk-based quality management
- Medidata’s Patient Insights Team named a finalist for this year’s SCOPE Participant Engagement Awards
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, announced its participation at the 12th Annual Summit for Clinical Ops Executives (SCOPE). Medidata experts will be speaking, moderating, and participating in multiple presentations and panel discussions covering a range of innovative solutions to advance clinical trial planning, management, and operations.
“Medidata is proud to remain a SCOPE Signature Sponsor, as part of our continued commitment to operations excellence. The meeting convenes an impressive lineup of thought leaders across the clinical research and development ecosystem; it’s always a delight to meet and exchange ideas and information,” said Anthony Costello, president, Patient Cloud at Medidata. “We look forward to sharing Medidata’s new solutions that are helping to drive the digital transformation of life sciences and improve the clinical trial experience for sponsors, partners, and patients.”
AI-Driven Site Selection, Enrollment Forecasting, and Trial Monitoring — Jef Benbanaste, product lead, Intelligent Trials
- As life sciences organizations large and small are trying to enhance operational decisions and accelerate trials through the use of AI, the ability to leverage broad cross-industry trial performance data remains a big differentiator. This session will cover approaches and real-life insights around developing predictive models to drive better site selection, more accurate forecasts, and real-time tracking of clinical trials against changing industry conditions.
Improving Access to Clinical Trials Through Patient Registries — Kelly McKee, senior director, Patient Recruitment and Registries
- Patient recruitment is often the rate-limiting step in bringing new therapies to market. Creating an educated and empowered community of patients prepared to participate in clinical research will dramatically transform the way participants are recruited and engaged in clinical research. Participants will learn how patient registries improve patient access, while optimizing experiences in clinical trials, and hear first-hand from a patient advocate about their experience using registries.
RBQM & Clinical Transformation: Supporting Trial Optimization During COVID-19 and Beyond — Lisa Moneymaker, vice president, Clinical Operations Technology
- As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, optimizing clinical trial operations has been a key differentiator for trial continuity. Companies with robust processes for centralized monitoring, remote data and document review, and flexible on-site interactions, were successful in pivoting during the pandemic. This discussion will focus on how Medidata and its partner Syneos Health are driving optimized trial design and execution, early risk and issue detection, and improved relationships with sites on a scale never before seen in clinical trials.
Panel Discussions and Breakout Sessions:
Strategies for Patient-Centric Trial Design and Digital Patient Engagement — Alicia Staley, senior director, Patient Engagement
Navigating China’s Regulatory, Drug Development, and Clinical Partnering Landscape — Ari Feldman, vice president, Global Compliance and Strategy
Decentralized and Hybrid Trials: COVID-19 as an Accelerator — Anthony Costello, president, Patient Cloud
Advancing RBQM: Lessons from the Trenches — Lisa Moneymaker, vice president, Clinical Operations Technology
Planning and Downstream Ops: Data Science to the Rescue — Jef Benbanaste, product lead, Intelligent Trials
Clinical Trial Diversity for Patient-Focused Drug Development — Jackie Kent, executive vice president, Chief Customer Officer
Regulatory-Grade Real World Data and Innovative RWD-Based Studies — Aaron Galaznik, MD, Head of Real-World Evidence Solutions
Medidata will also conduct a variety of software demonstrations and discussions at the company’s virtual booth.
In addition to the presentations, panel discussions, and product exhibitions, Medidata’s Patient Centricity by Design (PCbD) initiative will be honored at the 2021 SCOPE Participant Engagement Awards.
“The life science industry frequently uses patient centricity as a buzzword but promoting the idea of patient centricity without action dilutes the term’s meaning and frustrates patients,” said Costello. “To give real meaning to the term, Medidata established the Patient Insights team that utilizes the PCbD framework in its work. This is a formal process that infuses the patient perspective into the software development life cycle to create technical solutions that improve the overall patient experience in clinical research interactions.”
Each Medidata product is reviewed and approved by patient advocates on the PCbD team. The patient advocates are paid consultants who leverage their expertise in evaluation for key points of patient inclusion, resulting in superior products and improved patient experiences.
Medidata is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dassault Systèmes, which with its 3DEXPERIENCE platform is positioned to lead the digital transformation of life sciences in the age of personalized medicine with the first end-to-end scientific and business platform, from research to commercialization.
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,600+ customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @Medidata.
Medidata is a registered trademark of Medidata Solutions, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Dassault Systèmes.
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, is a catalyst for human progress. We provide business and people with collaborative 3D virtual environments to imagine sustainable innovations. By creating virtual experience twins of the real world with our 3DEXPERIENCE platform and applications, our customers push the boundaries of innovation, learning and production. Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 290,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
3DEXPERIENCE, the Compass icon, the 3DS logo, CATIA, BIOVIA, GEOVIA, SOLIDWORKS, 3DVIA, ENOVIA, EXALEAD, NETVIBES, MEDIDATA, CENTRIC PLM, 3DEXCITE, SIMULIA, DELMIA, and IFWE are commercial trademarks or registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes, a French “société européenne” (Versailles Commercial Register # B 322 306 440), or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Senior Director, Head of Corporate Communications
External Communications Director