Global 3D Metrology Markets Report 2021 Featuring Major Players - Hexagon, Nikon Metrology, Carl Zeiss, KLA Tencor and Jenoptik - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "3D Metrology: Global Markets" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report covers the market for 3D metrology with regard to its applications across different regions. It also focuses on the major trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape. The report estimates the global market for 3D metrology in 2020 and projects the expected market size through 2025.
The industrial revolution is driving modern measurement systems in manufacturing plants. Innovations in manufacturing plants make production processes more effective and efficient, simultaneously lowering costs. These plants also use 3D metrology via precision measurement to obtain 3D data from the objects. Coordinate measuring machines (CMMs), portable handheld 3D scanners and laser trackers are used to make these measurements.
There is a wide range of 3D metrology available with features that can be customized to fit requirements and applications: quality control and inspection, reverse engineering, virtual simulation and others. 3D metrology is based on factors such as the application, size and shape to be measured, the need for portability, and the working environment.
The global market for 3D metrology is segmented by offering, product type, end-use industry, application and region. In terms of the offering, the market is categorized into hardware, software and services. Product types are CMM, VMM, AOI, form measurement and others. The market for 3D metrology is segmented by end-use industry: automotive, aerospace and defense, medical, electronics, energy and power, mining, architecture and construction, heavy machinery industry and others. Automotive currently accounts for the dominant share of the market and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period.
3D metrology ensures the quality of parts and components, so that fit and function areas intended despite different languages, processes and measurement systems. In the automotive industry, metrology ensures that vehicles and their parts are accurately and precisely manufactured, measured and assembled per standards. 3D metrology includes techniques and precision measuring tools such as coordinate measuring machines (CMMs) and precision measurement sensors. A continuously growing demand to maximize the performance and quality of manufactured components and parts with inspection solutions is a major factor driving the 3D metrology market.
There are various players offering metrology services in accordance with the needs of the end-use industry. 3D services provide in-depth, non-contact 3D measurement and inspection of any size, shape, form and surface across multiple end-use industries: automotive, aerospace, medical, energy and architecture and construction.
Leading players in this market include Hexagon, FARO Technologies, Nikon Metrology, Carl Zeiss, KLA-Tencor, Jenoptik, Renishaw, Mitutoyo Corp., Perceptron, 3D Digital. and Automated Precision Inc. These companies invest in 3D metrology to improve operations in manufacturing facilities.
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of market trends, with data from 2019-2020, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Market share analysis of the 3D metrology market based on offerings, product, application, end-user industry and region and evaluation of current market trends, market size, market forecast, and technological advancements within the industry
- Discussion on the impact of COVID-19 on the 3D metrology market and insights into stringent regulations for product safety and standardization
- Coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Comprehensive company profiles of major market players, including Hexagon AB, Nikon Metrology, Carl Zeiss AG, KLA Tencor and Jenoptik AG
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- COVID-19: Impact on 3D Metrology Market
- Market Drivers
- Demand for Precision Manufacturing
- Stringent Regulations for Product Safety and Standardization
- Automated Optical Inspection for Growing PCB sector
- Changing Product Lifecycles
- Industry 4.0
- Market Restraints
- Selection of an Appropriate 3D Metrology Solution
- Supply Chain Process
- Case Studies
- Nikon Metrology and FMI
- FARO Technologies, Inc. and Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Co., Ltd.
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Offering
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Product Type
- Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs)
- Bridge CMM
- Gantry CMM
- Horizontal Arm CMM
- Cantilever CMM
- Articulated Arm CMM
- Optical Digitizer and Scanner (ODS)
- 3D Laser Scanner
- Structured Light Scanner
- Laser Tracker
- Video Measuring Machines (VMMs)
- Vision System
- Measuring Microscope
- Optical Comparator
- Multisensor Measuring System
- Automated Optical Inspection
- Form Measurement
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Application
- Quality Control and Inspection
- Reverse Engineering
- Virtual Simulation
- Other Applications
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by End-Use Industry
- Aerospace and Defense
- Aircraft Components
- Military Aviation
- Space Exploration
- Automotive Design and Styling
- Pilot Plant Metrology
- Automotive Component Inspection
- Architecture and Construction
- Orthopedics and Prosthetics
- Medical Devices
- Energy and Power
- Turbines (Gas, Wind, Hydro)
- Solar Panel
- Heavy Machinery Industry
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
Chapter 9 Competitive Landscape
- Overview of Players in the Market
- Market Leaders
- Market Challengers
- Niche Players
- Market Ranking Analysis
- Top-Ranked Companies
- Hexagon AB
- Nikon Metrology
- Carl Zeiss
- KLA Tencor
- Jenoptik Ag
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- 3D Systems Inc.
- Accu Measuring Solutions
- Ansys Inc.
- Automated Precision Inc.
- Baker Hughes Co.
- Carl Zeiss
- Creaform Inc. (Ametek)
- Cyberoptics Corp.
- Edm Department Inc.
- Exact Metrology
- Faro Technologies Inc.
- Fixlogix Llc
- Foba Ag
- Hexagon Ab
- Jenoptik Ag
- Jlm Advanced Technical Services Inc.
- The L.S. Starrett Co.
- Metrologic Group S.A.S
- Mitutoyo Corp.
- Nikon Metrology
- Perceptron Inc.
- Q-Plus Labs
- Renishaw Plc
- Trimet: Manufacturing & Metrology
- Verisurf Software Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/cjthks
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900