Global Cell and Gene Therapy Market Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2027: Market was Valued at $2.5 Billion in 2020 and is Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 33.82% and Surpass $25 Billion in 2027 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Cell and Gene Therapy Market: Focus on Product Type, Therapeutic Class, Pipeline, Regional and Country Data (15 Countries) - Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global cell and gene therapy market was valued at $2,599.7 million in 2020, and it is expected to grow at an impressive double-digit rate of 33.82% and reach a value of $25,002.1 million in 2027.
Cell and gene therapy are overlapping fields of biomedical research having similar therapeutic goals, which target DNA or RNA inside or outside the body. Both therapies aim at modifying genetic material for treatment of a disease. Gene therapy uses genetic material, or DNA, to manipulate a patient's cells for the treatment of an inherited or acquired disease.
Cell therapy is the introduction of new cells into a patient's body to grow, replace or repair damaged tissue to treat a disease. The cell and gene therapies are categorized into several therapeutic class, such as rare diseases, oncology, hematology, cardiovascular, ophthalmology, neurology, and others.
The existing cell and gene therapy market is favored by multiple factors, which include increasing incidences of cancer and other chronic diseases, rising number of clinical trials, increasing funding and investments in the cell and gene therapy market, and favorable regulatory environment and FDA Approvals for cell and gene therapy products.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the different types of approved cell and gene therapies available in the respective market?
- What are the key development strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- What are the various manufacturing considerations within the cell and gene therapy market?
- How have the strategic collaborations among the key players providing a push to product development within the global cell and gene therapy market?
- What are the regulations pertaining to the global cell and gene therapy market in different regions?
- What are the initiatives implemented by different government bodies regulating the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapy products and associated platforms?
- How has COVID-19 impacted the cell and gene therapy market?
- How will the urgency of the pandemic influence the global cell and gene therapy market?
- What are the leading companies dominating the global cell and gene therapy market?
- What is the reimbursement scenario of the products offered in the global cell and gene therapy market?
- Based on the product type, which therapy in the global cell and gene therapy market is anticipated to witness a massive rise in demand in the forecast period?
- How is each segment of the global cell and gene therapy market expected to grow during the forecast period, and what is the revenue expected to be generated by each of the segments by the end of 2027?
- By Product Type: Yescarta, Provenge, Luxtura, Kymriah, Imlygic, Gintuit, MACI, Laviv, Gendicine, Oncorine, Neovasculgen, Strimvelis, Invossa, Zolgenesma, Tecartus, Liso-Cel, Zyntelego, Others
- By Therapeutic Class: Rare Diseases, Oncology, Hematology, Cardiovascular, Ophthalmology, Neurology and Other Therapeutic Classes
- By Region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest-of-the-World
- Increasing Incidences of Cancer and other Chronic Diseases
- Rising Number of Clinical Trials
- Increasing Funding and Investments in Cell and Gene Therapy Market
- Favorable Regulatory Environment and FDA Approvals for Cell and Gene Therapy Products
- Lack of Reliable Vector Production for Cell and Gene Therapy
- Complex Manufacturing and Distribution Setup
- Tedious Process of Therapeutic Commercialization
- Drug Approvals and Strong Pipeline of Cell and Gene Therapies
- Increasing Number of Mergers and Acquisitions within the Cell and Gene Industry
The global cell and gene therapy market witnessed 14 mergers and acquisitions, 14 product launches and approvals, 13 joint ventures, and nine business expansions.
Key Cell and Gene Therapy Companies Profiled
- Amgen Inc.
- bluebird bio, Inc.
- Dendreon Pharmaceuticals LLC.
- Castle Creek Pharmaceutical Holdings
- Human Stem Cells Institute
- Kite Pharma, Inc.
- Kolon TissueGene, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Orchard Therapeutics plc.
- Organogenesis Holdings Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- RENOVA THERAPEUTICS
- Shanghai Sunway Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Sibiono GeneTech Co. Ltd.
- Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
- Vericel Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vq3wv7
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900