Global Medical Fiber Optics Market Trajectory & Analytics 2021-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Medical Fiber Optics - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market for Medical Fiber Optics is projected to reach US$ 1.3 billion by 2025, driven by the growing commercial value of fiber optics technology in surgical instrumentation, disease treatment therapies, diagnostic and imaging equipment, and sensor based wearable medical devices and textiles.
Heavy utilization of imaging and growing preference for non-invasive surgery will drive a major chunk of opportunities in clinical imaging and endoscopy applications.
Benefiting the market will be the rise in endoscopy procedures supported by advantages such as safety and effectiveness in both diagnosis and therapy; minimal morbidity and mortality; less scarring and faster recovery; and rising preference for endoscopic management of GI disorders especially against a backdrop of research studies linking chronic acid reflux and GERD with Barrett`s esophagus and esophageal cancer.
Transducer-Tipped fiber optic catheter can move freely around organs, bones, veins and arteries.
Fiber optic sensors are small in size, have immunity to EM interferences, and feature greater geometrical versatility. Application possibilities abound in remote spectrophotometry; endoscopic imaging/surgery; pressure and position sensing; Intravascular pressure transducers and In vivo oximeters.
As surgical robotics and computer-assisted surgery (CAS) grow in popularity, use of the technology will grow in cables and cable systems. The critical role played by radiology imaging in clinical decision support coupled with the growing healthcare burden worldwide will continue to push up the volume load of imaging procedures such as MRI and CT.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic and Looming Global Recession
- Pandemic Disrupts Fiber Optic Supply Chain
- Optic Fiber Sensors: Important Role in COVID-19 Detection
- A Prelude to Medical Fiber Optics
- Global Market Prospects & Outlook
- Application of Optical Fibers in Healthcare Sector
- Developed Regions Lead Medical Fiber Optics Market, Developing Nations Promise Future Growth
- Endoscopes: The Largest Application Market for Medical Fiber Optics
- Pure Silica Fibers: The Most Widely Used Fibers
- World Brands
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 43 Featured):
- Cadwell Laboratories, Inc.
- Compumedics Limited
- EB Neuro S.P.A.
- Electrical Geodesics, Inc.
- Lifelines Neurodiagnostic Systems, Inc.
- Natus Medical Inc.
- NeuroWave Systems, Inc.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Noraxon U.S.A., Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Technological Advancements Expand Scope of Applications for Medical Fiber Optics
- Fiber Optic Devices combined with Smartphones for Enhanced Assistance to Physicians
- Fiber Optic Transillumination Improves Visual Inspections in Dentistry
- Smart Fiber Optics Enable Radiation Free Guidance for Vascular Catheters
- Fiber Optics Enabling Life-Like Bionic Limbs
- New Device Aids Real-time Optical Imaging of Cancer Cells during Surgery
- Ultra-thin Fiber Endoscopes to Reach Hard-to-reach Brain Structures
- Innovative Ho:YAG Laser Technology
- Novel Use in Respiratory Procedures
- Researchers Develop Air-clad Imaging Fibers for Improving Usage of Endoscopes
- New Fiber-Optic Technology for Faster Healing of Wounds
- Stretchable Biocompatible Optical Fibers for Implantation
- Researchers Develop Femtosecond Laser Fiberoptic Sensor Technology for 3D Navigation of Surgical Instruments
- Researchers Design Bioresorbable Fiber Bragg Gratings
- Researching Doctors Develop Compact Optical Endoscope
- Researchers Develop Fiber Optic Sensor to Measure Weak Magnetic Fields
- Optical Detection of Magnetic Fields
- Researchers Develop Novel Optical Fiber for Printing Nano-Scale 3D Microstructures
- Low-power, Continuously Emitting Laser
- Commercial Usage of Technique
- Researchers Develop Smart Photoacoustic Imaging Method
- Micro-Endoscope - A Major Breakthrough in Endoscopy
- Fiber Optic Thermometers:
- Opportunities Abound for Fiber Optic Sensors in Biomedical Sensing Market
- List of Select Commercial Fiber-Optic Biomedical Sensors
- Specialty Optical Fibers Make Surgery Less Invasive
- Optical Fiber Pressure Sensors for Medical Applications: An Overview
- Select Companies Developing Optical Sensors for Medical Applications
- Innovative Optical Biomedical Sensors
- Select Promising Medical Applications for the Fiber Optic Technology
- Fiber Optics Technology Emerges as an Essential Requirement for Dental Practices
- Remote Fiber Optic Lighting: A Promising Alternative to Standard Overhead Lighting for Dentists
- Fiber Laser Technology Offers Promising Applications in Medical Sector
- Role of Optic Fibers in Delivering CO2 Laser Beams for Medical Applications
- Emergence of Single-Use disposable Fiber-Optic Catheters: New Revenue Opportunities
- Widespread Adoption and Usage of Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors for an Array of Applications
- Fiber Optic Sensors in Medical Smart Textiles: An Emerging Opportunity in Healthcare Monitoring Space
- OCT Technology Creating Waves, Benefits to Accrue to Medical Fiber Optics Market
- Fiber Optics for Surgical Lighting: Providing Effective Illumination in Operating Rooms
- Surgical Headlight Manufacturers Step up Focus on Product Innovation
- New Lighting Technologies Offer Improved Performance and Cost-Efficiencies
- Cableless Surgical Headlights Enable Easier Mobility
- Fiber Optic Probe Set to Facilitate Endoscopic Cancer Diagnosis
- Innovations in Gastrointestinal Surgery Space Drive Market Growth
- Nano-optic Endoscopes Provide High-Resolution OCTs in vivo
- Biological or Chemical Sensors Undergo Technological Evolution
- An Optical Fiber to Safely Deliver Drugs and Light into Human Body
- High Light Intensity of Medical Fiber Optics Holds Potential to Cause Tissue Damage
- Expanded Beam Connectors Safeguard Medical Fiber Optics
- MACRO GROWTH DRIVERS
- An Aging Global Population Drives Demand for Medical Fiber Optic Technology
- Increasing Healthcare Expenditure to Foster Market Growth
- Rising Incidence of Cancer: A Major Growth Driver
- Rising Preference for Minimally Invasive Procedures Boosts Market Prospects
- Rise in Prevalence of GI Tract Disorders to Drive Global Market for GI Endoscopy Devices
- Rising Use of Increasingly Miniaturized Medical Devices Fuels Demand for Medical Fiber Optics
- MEDICAL FIBER OPTIC APPLICATIONS: A CONCEPTUAL REVIEW
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total Companies Profiled: 102
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7t0mqy
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900