Global Contraceptive Drugs Market (2020 to 2027) - by Product, Age Group, End-user and Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Contraceptive Drugs Market by Product, Age Group and End User: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global contraceptive drugs market was evaluated at $14,324.12 million in 2019, and is estimated to garner $24,412.22 million by 2027, registering a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period.
Contraception, also known as birth control and fertility control, is a method to prevent pregnancy. The drugs used in contraception interfere with the normal process of sperm-ovum fertilization to prevent pregnancy.
Contraception involves the use of drugs in the form of oral pills, injectable contraceptives, and topical contraceptives. Increase in concerns about family planning and necessity to prevent unintended pregnancy are some of the major factors driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, upsurge in the usage of contraception among young women accompanied by increase in higher educational attainment promotes the growth of the contraceptive drugs market growth. Moreover, health problems allied with teenage pregnancies, surge in awareness regarding modern contraception methods, and increase in the usage of oral pills as a crucial technique to avert unplanned pregnancy are expected to propel the growth of the market in the years to come. However, health risks associated with the use of contraceptives, accessibility of alternate contraceptive methods, and less social acceptance act as the major restraints of the global market.
The global contraceptive drugs market is segmented into product, age group, end user, and region. Depending on product, the market is categorized into oral (pills), injectable, and topical contraceptives. By age group, it is divided into 15-24 years, 25-34 years, 35-44 years, and above 44 years. On the basis of end user, it is fragmented into homecare, hospitals, and clinics. The global contraceptive drugs market has been analyzed based on four regions, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends and future estimations from 2019 to 2027, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- An in-depth analysis of various regions is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders to formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global contraceptive drugs market is provided.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Rise in need for preventing unwanted pregnancy
- Increasing awareness for contraceptives worldwide
- Rising usage of oral contraceptives as a preferred method to avoid unplanned pregnancy
- Upsurge in government and NGO initiatives promoting contraceptives
- Increasing awareness about STDs
- Health risks associated with the use of contraceptive methods
- Lack of social acceptance
- Rise in disposable income and demand for healthy life in emerging economies
- Presence of large unmet contraceptive needs in emerging Asian and African economies
- Agile Therapeutics
- Bayer AG
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Johnson & Johnson
- Piramal Healthcare
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qb7ghy
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900