Global Bottled Water Industry Analysis and Forecast 2020-2026 - Nestle, PepsiCo, and The Coca Cola Company are the Forerunners of the Market - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Bottled Water Market By Product (purified water, mineral water, spring water, sparkling water, distilled water, and other products), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Global Bottled Water Market is expected to reach $403.5 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 14.1% CAGR during the forecast period. The market is largely driven by the increasing healthcare awareness about waterborne diseases like diarrhea, food poisoning, typhoid, and others.
Over the past few years, different variety of plain & flavored and sparkling water brought in the market and became widely popular beverages across the globe. Health-conscious consumers who are opting for packaged water instead of sugary drinks. The use of packaged bottled water has increased in restaurants and food outlets that are expected to boost the market growth.
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has a socio-economic impact on almost every class of people and each sector of the industries. To reduce the spread of coronavirus, shelter-at-home, social distancing, and lockdowns have been implemented in most of the countries including the U.K., India, France, Italy, Russia, and the U.S. and these are some of the hardest-hit countries.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into purified water, mineral water, spring water, sparkling water, distilled water, and other products. The purified water segment obtained the considerable share of the market in 2019. The need for water is increasing due to the exponential increase in population, water consumption, economic development, and urbanization. The supply of water is constantly going down due to climate change and contamination and scarcity of water in most regions of the world, which is expected to increase the demand for bottled water market.
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. In 2019, the Europe emerged as one of the prominent region in the bottled water market. Rising health consciousness among consumers and high utilization of bottled beverages are anticipated to act as catalyst for the growth of the regional market. Moreover, trade associations such as the European Federation of Bottled Water (EFBW) are actively advocating the advantages of natural spring water, mineral water, and other types of bottled waters. Among all the European nations, Germany is anticipated to emerge as the leading market for sparking water followed by functional water, hence boosting the regional market growth.
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Nestle S.A., The Coca Cola Company, and PepsiCo, Inc. are the forerunners in the Bottled Water Market. Companies such as Danone S.A., Primo Water Corporation, VOSS of Norway AS, Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stakeholders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Nestle S.A., PepsiCo, Inc., The Coca Cola Company, Danone S.A., Primo Water Corporation, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., VOSS of Norway AS (Reignwood Group), Gerolsteiner Brunnen GmbH & Co. KG, Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd., and FIJI Water Company LLC.
Partnerships, Collaborations & Agreements (2020)
- Oct-2020: Danone Waters extended its partnership with SBE the leading international hospitality group. Following the expansion, the company's spring water brand, Evian, continue to provide preferred water provider all over the brands and global properties owned and operated within the SBE portfolio.
- Sep-2020: Danone Waters joined hands with PepsiCo, an American multinational food, snack, and beverage corporation. The collaboration helps in distributing Evian in Canada. The company's extensive direct-to-store delivery system, strong selling capabilities, and a complementary brand portfolio have increased the ability of Evian to provide the business partners to offer Canadian consumers with exceptional natural spring water.
Acquisitions & Mergers (2020)
- Oct-2020: Primo Water Corporation acquired the Mountain Valley Water Company, an American brand of spring water bottled. Through this acquisition, Primo strengthened its global footprints in southern California. Customers of Mountain Valley still can buy the Mountain Valley Spring Water and can also enjoy Sparkletts, the Primo water brand in the area, and can choose additional products for their orders, which include coffee and tea, sparkling water beverages from Sparkling Ice, and other premium water products.
- Aug-2020: Primo Water Corporation took over the Mountain Glacier, manufacturer of bottled water. The customers of Mountain Glacier in Nashville can enjoy Crystal Spring, along with that, Harlingen, TX can enjoy Sparkletts, the respective Primo Water North America brands in each area. They can choose additional products for their orders which include premium water products like Mountain Valley Spring and sparkling water beverages from Sparkling Ice.
- Feb-2020: Danone completed its acquisition of Harrogate Water Brands, the British bottled water brand. The acquisition strengthened Danone Waters' position in the UK and Harrogate Water supported future growth for their portfolio.
Product Launches & Expansions (2021)
- Jan-2021: Otsuka Pharmaceutical introduced label-free PET bottle versions of POCARI SWEAT and POCARI SWEAT ION WATER through e-commerce platforms. These products can be accessible in 300ml label-free bottles in units of 24 bottles per case.
- Jan-2021: VOSS introduced VOSS Plus. It is a one-of-a-kind functional water improved with Aquamin, a unique, marine-sourced multi-mineral complex that includes Calcium, Magnesium & Potassium. The bottle is manufactured with 100% recycled PET and has a recyclable food-grade cap. VOSS Plus also has first-class functionality with a superb taste experience.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1. Market Scope & Methodology
1.1 Market Definition
1.3 Market Scope
1.4.1 Global Bottled Water Market, by Product
1.4.2 Global Bottled Water Market, by Geography
1.5 Methodology for the Research
Chapter 2. Market Overview
2.1.2 Market Composition and Scenario
2.2 Key Factors Impacting the Market
2.2.1 Market Drivers
2.2.2 Market Restraints
Chapter 3. Competition Analysis - Global
3.1 Cardinal Matrix
3.2 Recent Industry Wide Strategic Developments
3.2.1 Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements
3.2.2 Product Launches and Product Expansions
3.2.3 Acquisition and Mergers
3.3 Top Winning Strategies
3.3.1 Key Leading Strategies: Percentage Distribution (2016-2020)
3.3.2 Key Strategic Move: (Product Launches and Product Expansions: 2016, Sep - 2021, Jan) Leading Players
Chapter 4. Global Bottled Water Market by Product
4.1 Global Purified Water Market by Region
4.1.1 Global Mineral Water Market by Region
4.1.2 Global Spring Water Market by Region
4.1.3 Global Sparkling Water Market by Region
4.1.4 Global Distilled Water Market by Region
4.1.5 Global Other Product Market by Region
Chapter 5. Global Bottled Water Market by Region
5.1 North America Bottled Water Market
5.2 Europe Bottled Water Market
5.3 Asia-Pacific Bottled Water Market
5.4 LAMEA Bottled Water Market
Chapter 6. Company Profiles
6.1 Nestle S.A.
6.2 PepsiCo, Inc.
6.3 The Coca Cola Company
6.4 Danone S.A.
6.5 Primo Water Corporation
6.6 Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
6.7 VOSS of Norway AS (Reignwood Group)
6.8 Gerolsteiner Brunnen GmbH & Co. KG
6.9 Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd.
6.10. FIJI Water Company LLC (The Wonderful Company)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4lp6en
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900